Motion sensing navigation

harshitpeer

Hello guys,

Any body here have any ideas on motion sensing websites?

Move pages using hand, zooming any picture with fingures.. I hope you got my point..

Any one here, know such sites? :search: and moreover how they are developed?

GigaGreg

Staff member
Are you about websites that are viewed on smartphones and tablets? It is just html5 and css3 + Js and jQuery plugins if we are talking about the same kind of websites.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I heard about smartphones that can count how many steps you take and measure how active you've been. Guess that counts for motion sensing so I have to agree with iG. Smartphones! My desktop computer at home would say the opposite :p

D4klutz

I know that they are working on the 3d spatial sensing technology. I think that there are several emerging technologies that will deal with this. 1)glove or finger tip sensors,
2) I think Apple and Microsoft are working on sensors on the display for this.
3) Camera sensing like with the xbox sensing bar (Cant remember the name at the moment) Basically IR tracking.

harshitpeer

I am actually talking about website which are viewable on desktop..
I seen somewhere that technology which uses my web cam and sense my fingures motion and do various task like scrolling, 360* image rotation, something like that..

Check this video

Something similar to this..

But, I tried their demo, its not working properly

aya

harshitpeer said:
Hello guys,

Any body here have any ideas on motion sensing websites?

Move pages using hand, zooming any picture with fingures.. I hope you got my point..

Any one here, know such sites? :search: and moreover how they are developed?

Hello! I know wix web software used to do flash based sites that allowed you to add certain area's to a page where you could add widgets that allowed you to say, flick a ball around the page with your finger,
but about 6 months ago they switched their editing to HTML5...
but you can still access and create a flash based site by entering the HTML5 site creation template page then changing the URL from:
website/templates
to
website/templates/flash
hope it helps it's lots of fun!

GigaGreg

Staff member
I thought also about the touchscreen, where the technology uses the features of it and combines with html, js, jquery and flash, just a little point to add up.

paschim

Hmm, for desktop based sites, the best motion sensing apps that is possible is with flash and augmented reality. You can work with webcam images using javascript too, but javascript isn't powerful enough to handle advanced live image processing because apart from in chrome, javascript is quite limited in how much system resources it can access. But it is catching up quickly, and there are quite a few AR javascript libraries and working demos out there. If you target the mobile platform and don't mind packaging your site as an app, you can stuff like phonegap to access the tools and features of your smartphone like the accelerometer to create real motion sensitive apps.