Mozilla, chrome or IE ?

Sander k

I use FireFox most of the time, because of its plugins like the pagerank plugin for example that I use.

Personally I hate Internet Explorer because it crashes an awefull lot.

And I also hate the browser from Google because I believe it spies for Google.

lestaria

I use Google Chrome because the others are slow or simply don't work for me. Internet Explorer is a great example of this. Every time I open Internet Explorer, it freezes before it loads the page. Mozilla FireFox is a great browser though it's much slower for me than Chrome. For some reason, flash never downloads/installs correctly when I try to use FireFox. If I could figure out the flash thing and speed FireFox up, I would use it over the others in a heartbeat.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Inception said:
Mozilla Firefox is the most used browser and proven to be fastest browser by many tests.
I'm unaware of that. In my own personal experience, although I'm a Mozilla Firefox user, Google Chrome is faster. I don't support Google however as I regard them as a Big Brother large corporation being much too intrusive and curious about my movement on the Internet. I hate it when any one to do with computers and computing are supported to the extent they become so large and powerful that they can start to dictate how Website owners need to go about their business.

lestaria

Inception said:
Mozilla Firefox is the most used browser and proven to be fastest browser by many tests.

I keep hearing this from so many people, but it's always super slow on my computer... I don't have any addons slowing it down (because I don't have any lol) and I have more than enough RAM on my computer (8 GB) . Anyone else have the same problem or is it just me?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Same here Lestaria. Except it's not super slow. It's reasonably fast, but not as fast as Google Chrome.

lestaria

Genesis said:
Same here Lestaria. Except it's not super slow. It's reasonably fast, but not as fast as Google Chrome.

Good to know I'm not the only one :) I may have slightly exaggerated the "super slow" part though :p It just seems like it is super slow since I'm used to Chrome being faster.

Sander k

Inception said:

If I look at the AWstats from my websites its not. Chrome is by far the most used browser.

Genesis said:
I don't support Google however as I regard them as a Big Brother large corporation being much too intrusive and curious about my movement on the Internet.

I use Chrome occasionally and it always gives me a feeling of discomfort and unease about what might be going on in the background. I always try to launch it, do whatever it is I'm doing and shut it down as quickly as possible. Rather a sad and disappointing statement about Google.

I use Firefox 95% of the time at least, taking advantage of a number of plugins.

About the stats, I don't know if this is still true or not, and I'm too lazy at this moment to check, but it used to be that Firefox was used more than any single version of IE but if you added up the different versions, IE was still more widely used. I don't know if anyone does that with Firefox and certainly not with Chrome as I never know (or even care) what version I'm using. I would love it to now be the case that Firefox is used more than all IE versions combined!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I tried Chrome as a summer project this year. I always stayed away from it, but then thought I could not comment on it if I hadn't used it. My main criticism was not being able to get rid of cookies and history, etc., i.e., Google mining my surfing habits for info, but after a few minutes found I could use Chrome settings to get rid of cookies, history and not remember passwords, etc. without much difficulty. Sort of worked well, except I had to fix the settings for every Chrome Session. Unless one saves it to a Google Account, which I'm reluctant to do (that is where Google usually starts its mining of my info), the settings are not saved like for Mozilla Firefox that intuitively remembers the settings of the previous session .... I used Chrome alongside Mozilla Firefox and Explorer with Windows 7 and above average specifications desktop hardware, for three weeks. I found that Explorer was a real pain, and very soon, like during the second session, dropped it completely. After a while of using both Chrome and Mozilla Firefox I got a good feel for comparing both. To my "disappointment" Chrome proved to be faster, smoother and more efficient. Gotta give the devil its due. At the end of the project I decided to stick with Mozilla Firefox however as it is not too bad speed wise, and it is independent, open-source and non-profit. Don't know how it will survive before one of the big guys buys it out, but until then I'll try and support it as much as I can.

I mainly use Mozilla Firefox:yahoo: . One of the key reason for using Firefox is for the RSS Feed & Addons:cool: But I do use chrome occasionally.:search:

cocinalo

Chrome Faster than all the others, more secure than all the others, more reliable than all the others; and in general the best web browser out there. It lets you sync with your Google account and bookmarks easily, as well as having other functions such as a massive range of themes,

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
You're right Cocinalo. The only thing I have against Chrome is it belongs to Google. :p