Mozilla Firefox blacks out on me

Genesis

Administrator
Every now and then, say maybe once in 3 weeks - more or less - Mozilla Firefox blacks out on me. All of the Firefox Windows just become grey and dark. And then it crashes. Only thing that seems to help then is to log in and out again.

Has any one else experienced this? In the beginning I thought it could be because of too many Windows, but I always have at least three windows open, and with the last time when it blacked out on me, a couple of days ago, I only had one Window open.

It usually happens while I'm scrolling the Window by using the right hand elevator sliding button. Kind'a weird.

Tonight I'm having flash player problems again, and am thinking again it may be time for a change to Chrome - as much as I hate to support a big corporation may be good just to try it out.

GigaGreg

Staff member
I have the same problems Genesis, slow, flash crash and everything bad. I am waiting for the final release of Vivaldi from Opera, this sounds like a very good web browser, it is a lot faster than Chrome or Firefox, but it is in technical preview and has a lot of bugs still.

Genesis

Administrator
Aha. Thanks for the suggestion iG. Looks as though it is a general problem then. I'll watch Vivaldi and see what it does.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Genesis said:
Aha. Thanks for the suggestion iG. Looks as though it is a general problem then. I'll watch Vivaldi and see what it does.

No problem buddy.

It is a little bit annoying still, but I'm watching Vivaldi too, maybe that would be that good web browser to use.

aya said:
have you tried un installing then re installing?

It doesn't work trust me ;)

Snowflake

I have that problem too and Firefox is my favorite browser... I have been using chrome/opera in the meantime. Hope they fix this issue in their next update.

Yozora

I haven't had this happen to me...Ironically Firefox used to crash a lot and use up tons of memory. These days Chrome does that on my computers. I haven't used Opera in a while though.
Hopefully the Firefox update will fix things for those who are having issues.

Genesis

Administrator
Aha .... so Chrome is not the answer either. OK, I'll wait for the Firefox Update to come out.

GigaGreg

Staff member
The update didn't fixed that issue. It only updated the web browser to recognize the http/2 and improve html5 features.

GigaGreg

Staff member
I wouldn't advise to install older versions of the software. The updates are made to make better security measurements and the user experience.

Genesis

Administrator
I lack trust for both the older versions - because of security issues - and the newer versions - with not really knowing what the effect of the new changes are going to be on how I use my browser. Out of the two though, I'd probably go for the newer version and take a risk.

Alternative is to get completely rid of Windows, which may be an interesting learning curve, but probably not practically feasible.

pan1

I 'am using firefox developer edition right now and so far its fine. I dont know what the difference between Firefox, Aurora and Firefox Developer Edition.

Genesis

Administrator
What made you choose the firefox developer edition Vongo? Anything useful? I may just check it out this weekend when I have some time to do so.

aya

why wouldn't anyone use TOR

200px-Tor-logo-2011-flat.svg.png
+
adblock-plus.png
= AD free ISP unrestricted browsing