my site getting down

rave

another test after 10 minutes. result is same. it is down.

Attachments

• cd2.jpg
    cd2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Our apologies Rave. I think there is something happening as I've been having intermittent problems like these myself with my Websites. Let's hope DJB can speed things up.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
GigaGreg said:
For me it loads up perfectly fine.
It does so now Greg, but it didn't at the time when Rave made this report. I had the same problem at the exact same time as Rave had and Rave and I were online together while it was happening. Now it loads fine, but maybe in a few hours it may be slow again. The problem is happening in peaks and valleys. Early last night, which was afternoon in the UK it was VERY slow, then during the evening, maybe 8:00 p.m. UK time it was "normal" again. This morning early when Rave and I were on together it was really very bad. Like it was difficult to get a page to download. It's been going like this for the last few days.

He has too much stuff happening on his site. Its bogging down when you have more then a few users on it. Its poorly set up and designed. In sense, its what some call a click bait site. The ads that he has installed is causing the issues.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
True. But at least it is up and running now, whereas at the time of his complaint yesterday morning early nothing was moving. If he can take care of the errors it will probably be even faster now.

un4saken

Administrator
Let me clarify something. If one of your site doesn't load but gigarank forum is up, it means there's no problem with the server but your site or connection as our forum is in the same server too.

If server goes down you can't view gigarank either.

Sometimes loads go a bit high due to daily backups and if your website consumes a lot of resources apache might not serve well your web site for a few hours. (Which i tweaked to handle more connections during high load times by the way)

Let's see if you will face this issue again.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
@un4.

Maybe you misunderstood from the heading of the topic and you needed to read the rest of his posts. Rave didn't mean that it was down, more like that it was downloading slow and he was worried it was on its way down. Which I have sympathy with as I thought we were going down in the Forum as well. The Forum was genuinely genuinely SLOW. Not just slow but SLOW. Like it took ages for a page to download. Ditto the Websites.

This morning when everything looked more or less good, the speed of the Website obviously was more or less good as well.

Thank you for your help to fix it.

rave

un4saken said:
Let me clarify something. If one of your site doesn't load but gigarank forum is up, it means there's no problem with the server but your site or connection as our forum is in the same server too.

Sometimes loads go a bit high due to daily backups and if your website consumes a lot of resources apache might not serve well your web site for a few hours. (Which i tweaked to handle more connections during high load times by the way)

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Also thanks from me un4. When I checked tonight Gigarank was the fastest of all of my forums. 128 m/s. That's awesome! :good:

rave said:
un4saken said:

Those are not syntax errors. They are poor code errors and are causing your site to be slow and lag. Once those errors are fixed, your site will load a lot faster then it ever has.