my web radio website

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Noel, my whole computer system crashed, like really badly. I couldn't even close windows. Maybe because I'm still on XP? Initially it looked quite good. I got the nice background of Malta. And then I think there were three boxes with black border lines, but the boxes were empty like there should have been something in them, but they were white instead? And then everything, including all of my other windows seized up and I couldn't get out of it, totally crashed. I had to turn my computer off.

NoelF1

Genesis said:
Noel, my whole computer system crashed, like really badly. I couldn't even close windows. Maybe because I'm still on XP? Initially it looked quite good. I got the nice background of Malta. And then I think there were three boxes with black border lines, but the boxes were empty like there should have been something in them, but they were white instead? And then everything, including all of my other windows seized up and I couldn't get out of it, totally crashed. I had to turn my computer off.

That's absolutely strange, @Genesis ! :shock:

I think it's a problem on your side, because the site works fine, even on my Symbian smartphone and both of my laptop and desktop computers. A friend even tried using the site on her ipad which also worked fine. The top left box should show the currently playing or on-air, off air / offline status, the middle one the player and the lower box a Facebook like box.

The pictures, as you mentioned are of Malta, stuff which I take ! :cool:

Try using Google Chrome, FF or Opera browser. It should work fine on those.

smartstop

Noel! One thing of @Genesis is that your website's block are empty is half true. I mean when I opened your site 1st time it was blank and when try to open 2nd time it's take too much time to load and only load two boxes items radio on/offline status, twitt box and player. One more thing that my system also get hanged for a few moments.:undecided:

NoelF1

smartstop said:
Noel! One thing of @Genesis is that your website's block are empty is half true. I mean when I opened your site 1st time it was blank and when try to open 2nd time it's take too much time to load and only load two boxes items radio on/offline status, twitt box and player. One more thing that my system also get hanged for a few moments.:undecided:

:shock:

....I'm streaming music right now. So the now playing box should be showing an on-air banner.

wow. It could be that I need to optimize the background pictures more. Although I'm afraid because of the quality.

Can you tell me your pc specs and which browser you're using?

If possible I'd like a screenshot @Genesis & @Smartstop

GigaGreg

Staff member
It has very slow loading time, I couldnt load your website while being connected to the bus wi-fi. Also you should make it more responsive, so on the smartphones it will load up quickly. It look good, but improvements with accessibility are needed.

NoelF1

igdesigner said:
It has very slow loading time, I couldnt load your website while being connected to the bus wi-fi. Also you should make it more responsive, so on the smartphones it will load up quickly. It look good, but improvements with accessibility are needed.

The biggest problem I'm facing is that I might lose on the background pics quality, it's why it might load slow on some systems / internet connections. Glad it loaded.

Regarding responsiveness of the site, I don't plan to make it more responsive than it is right now as screen resolutions on every kind of device as going up by the time. People can pinch-zoom on it and still looks good. :p

Furthermore there are specific apps for Shoutcast radio which I'll be adding to the FAQ page later on.

meanwhile I'm trying to improve on loading time.

Thanks for the response.:good::good:

Sander k

You should get rid of the background, because it takes for ever to load while there is almost no content.

smartstop

NoelF1 said:
igdesigner said:

The biggest problem I'm facing is that I might lose on the background pics quality, it's why it might load slow on some systems / internet connections. Glad it loaded.

Regarding responsiveness of the site, I don't plan to make it more responsive than it is right now as screen resolutions on every kind of device as going up by the time. People can pinch-zoom on it and still looks good. :p

Furthermore there are specific apps for Shoutcast radio which I'll be adding to the FAQ page later on.

meanwhile I'm trying to improve on loading time.

Thanks for the response.:good::good:

The background images are good and it's not taking too much time to load. Time taking content is boxed content. So you should work on boxed process. And my system and browser as you asked are xp and google chrome with fast lan connection.:drinks:

GigaGreg

Staff member
You can leave the image as a background but just optimize it so it would weight like 500kb not 3mb or something and that would improve loading time.

NoelF1

igdesigner said:
You can leave the image as a background but just optimize it so it would weight like 500kb not 3mb or something and that would improve loading time.
I've since actually shrink-ed the jpegs from around 3mb each to 1.5mb or less with JPEGmini. Should see significant performance gains as I've halved the page weight. Also modified the content blocks. :cool:

GigaGreg

Staff member
I have just checked on my PC and it loaded asap i clicked on the link. Which is good, but you should shrink them more for mobile users.

NoelF1

igdesigner said:
I have just checked on my PC and it loaded asap i clicked on the link. Which is good, but you should shrink them more for mobile users.

Doing my best to improve on optimizing the whole thing. But I doubt I can compress them much more as they will surely degrade, quality wise.

I'll continue updating the site during the rest of the week... :)

thanks for the suggestions guys! ;)

ubflhd

@"NoelF1" Try to make the siite itself abit clean dont get me wrong here but all the stuff in all over the place like the nav bar and the main website info , but good luck with site

You are using way too much .js files. Its taking way too long to load with all the scripts being loaded. As far as I can see with firebug, those scripts aren't doing anything. And the page never stops loading.