My website is malfunctuning (Or is it me?)

asexual synergy

I have Oxwall installed in my main directory, it's been working great. Today I installed myBB forum through the cPanel using Softaculous. I didn't get any errors during the install. The forum is supposed to be at http://dreadlocks.gi9.co/forum/ but when I enter that url it says "page not found" and I can't get to the forum admin area either. I know it's got to be something super easy that I forgot to do and I'm probably going to feel like an idiot but I really want it to work. Is it my website malfunctioning or is it me? LOL

You have a conflict with the files. Looks like it was installed with the Oxwall files. I think it might be something you overlooked. I viewed the source and there is no MyBB files there. Your best bet is to go to the forum folder and see what is in there

asexual synergy

No, it's not. The folder structure in my cPanel looks like this

public_html
forum
images
ow_core
ow_cron
ow_includes

etc .... BUT there is a forum in Oxwall and I removed it through the Oxwall plugin page, however, it's still showing in the OW directory. I'm going to remove it and see if that helps. I'll let you know in a minute. Crossing my fingers that I won't screw everything up. :undecided:

Yep, nope. I removed the Oxwall forum folder and still can't access the myBB forum. What if I make a backup of everything, and install the forum first under the /forum/ folder and then reinstall Oxwall in the root directory? That sounds like a database nightmare waiting to happen. UGH.

Whats in the forum folder??

If the forum folder doesn't have mybb files in it, then it won't work. From what I am seeing, the files are not installed. You still have the Oxwell forum folder installed. That is why your image for the Oxwell stuff is showing up. If MyBB was installed in the forum folder, then you would get the mybb logo. Sounds like you need to delete the forum folder and start over.

asexual synergy

It looks like this...

forum
admin
archive
cache
images
inc
jscripts
uploads

plus a bunch of the normal required php files. Thank you for taking the time to try to help. I'm not a newbie, it's baffling me too. It has to be something stupid I overlooked.

If that forum folder is part of the plugin you removed, then delete it. create a new folder called forum and then install mybb.

asexual synergy

It wasn't. There were two forum folders, one in the Oxwall directory and one in the root directory (that I have mybb in). Yeah, I'm going to delete it (mybb forum,folder, db and any other traces) and try again now that I've removed the Oxwall forum folder. Thanks again for your help. And anyone else who has any ideas can please jump in. I'll reply with a SCORE it's fixed...or GRRR whatever!!

Yeah, I'm not questioning you but it says myBB is installed in Softaculous.

Current Installations
http://dreadlocks.gi9.co/forum

I think you might be right though, it had/has something to do with having two forum folders though. I'm starting over.

Wait. It wants to auto install in a mybb directory ...I want it to go in the forum directory. Is that the problem? Does it have to go in a mybb directory???

asexual synergy said:

Wait. It wants to auto install in a mybb directory ...I want it to go in the forum directory. Is that the problem? Does it have to go in a mybb directory???

OK I reinstalled and left everything default in the set up except the user name and password.

Congratulations, the software was installed successfully
MyBB has been successfully installed at :
http://dreadlocks.gi9.co/mybb

I'm still getting page not found. GRRR!!! Whatever!!! :huh: :(

asexual synergy

un4saken said:
Maybe oxwall doesnt let any subfolders. Just delete oxwall and try to install mybb

I'll do that tomorrow. I have to leave it alone tonight or I'll end up with nothing. Sometimes it's better for me to walk away for a minute, ya know??

OK I removed Oxwall and now myBB is showing

http://dreadlocks.gi9.co/mybb/

so.... I guess Oxwall doesn't allow subfolders?? That doesn't seem right though. It's not like I'm trying to integrate it INTO Oxwall. I know that can't be done. Well it can but no programmer has wanted to do it yet.

Confirmed. I just reinstalled Oxwall and myBB went back to "page not found". Wow! OK well I'm not sure what to do now. I guess this topic is closed unless someone can find a solution. I doubt Oxwall or myBB will help me with a solution. I'll post in both their forums, I'm SURE someone has tried to use both of them before. UGH. Thanks.

I get page not found still. The color is changed now. I thought about this last night, but not sure if its the cause. CHMOD the folder to 777. I found sometimes you need to change the permissions on the folders in order for them to work. Not saying that is the problem, but worth a shot

pan1

I get oxwall landing page.

screenshot-dreadlocksgi9co_2015-09-05_11-23-59.png

Yozora

I think I'm getting the same MyBB page as Genesis:
You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:

You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or links.

In other words, I'm using Firefox on Android and it's working fine.

asexual synergy

It's fixed guys.

strokerace - I moved it on you. It's not at mybb anymore, it's in /forum/

I got a Disk Usage Warning email today :( so I have to remove some stuff but it's almost ready for it's Grand Opening.

asexual synergy

Thank you for making sure I knew about that @"Genesis". I was aware of it and the free VPS hosting as well. I'm probably going to do that. Now that I've changed the theme of my website it's going to get a lot more traffic and members.