myBB & Wordpress Comments Plugin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I would think an option to comment on Wordpress posts using your MyBB member data would make a great plugin to the MyBB plugin directory.

Does anyone know of any such plugin. If there is one we should really use it.

If there is`nt an already existing plugin how much work involved do you think it would take to create one?

Sander k

I am working on exactly that right now.
I will sent you the alpha version in 2 or 3 days, as I still got some weird error now.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Still having no luck in finding a good solution to this. I have tried WordBB, unfortunately it has not been updated in quite some time and does not work with current versions of Wordpress.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
How far did you get with the creation of the plugin, would be interesting to know.

There is most certainly a demand for this plugin, we need it ourselves.

Sander k

Not that far, after 3 days of work I still had loads of mysql errors. Let me see if I still have the files some where.

Sander k

I should concentrate on one project at the time. Instead I am focussing at 2 mybb plugins and 5 wordpress plugins and 1 simple CMS plugin all at once.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the work involved and my lack of php knowledge this could be quite a big task. It would probably be easier to get the WordBB plugin working again.

Sander k

DJB said:
Looking at the work involved and my lack of php knowledge this could be quite a big task. It would probably be easier to get the WordBB plugin working again.

I have tried that. WordBB works on WordPress 2.9. But the 3.x version is very different. If you can find out what they changed to the core back then, then it should be possible.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
How long would you think it would take an experienced php developer to create the plugin? Maybe it`s worth posting an ad on Freelancer.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know if there has been any progress with any developers creating a wordpress page comments using mybb user access. The ability to comment on a wordpress post using your myBB forum access.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
DJB said:
Does anyone know if there has been any progress with any developers creating a wordpress page comments using mybb user access. The ability to comment on a wordpress post using your myBB forum access.
None as far as I know Chris, and it may open up vulnerabilities. And plenty of spam opportunities. Like bot spam.