MySQL Connection Limit Warnings?

Snowflake

cPanel User Name: tangledm
Name of Domain: sippingonhistory.org
Detailed Description: I got this on my email

You have exceeded your MySQL concurrent connection limit!
MySQL Connection Limit:
Current MySQL Connections: 13

Is this bad? I only have wordpress installed and my blog is so tiny. :/

Additional Information: Not answered

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
tangledmemories said:
cPanel User Name: tangledm
Name of Domain: sippingonhistory.org
Detailed Description: I got this on my email

You have exceeded your MySQL concurrent connection limit!
MySQL Connection Limit:
Current MySQL Connections: 13

Is this bad? I only have wordpress installed and my blog is so tiny. :/

Additional Information: Not answered

No, it is cause for concern. Sander is right. Check your plug-ins. Make a back-up of your Website first and then you could also try wp-optimize to look at your plug-ins:
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-1924.html

DJB will probably look at it as well later in the day as it must be sleeping time in the UK right now.

GigaGreg

Staff member
I had the same problem before. Like Djb said, upgrade to double everything and be happy like me!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I think something else is wrong here. TM's Website only uses 73MB disk space and 7.1 MB memory.
The mySQL database is only 0.55 MB.

I wonder whether this could have something to do with the php version? Can you check the plug-ins and see whether there is an incompatibility with the php version they are running on and the one your Website is on? You can check the php version you're on in the cpanel. You can also change it in cpanel to earlier versions.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
@TM. I've just Googled the problem, can you have a look at the link below. It shows you how to up your memory from 32 to 64MB in your WP configuration - just see whether that may help:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/...-bytes-exhausted-tried-to-allocate?replies=18

This post explains the steps well:

Here's the full solution in the cleanest possible way:

Create a file called php.ini in the root of your site (if you are using a hosted addon domain, this must be in the subdirectory of that site)
In php.ini, enter a line that says
memory_limit = 64MB
In your site's .htaccess (being a WordPress blog, I'm assuming there is one), enter the following line
SetEnv PHPRC /<unix path to the directory where php.ini is>/
(keep the slashes)
Edit wp-config.php and enter the following line
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');
Upload the new files to the server

Snowflake

Okay I will try that, thank you!
I installed the wp optimize, and how do I see if any plugins aren't compatible?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
The advice WP usually gives is that you uninstall all of the plugins and then reinstall them one by one to see when the problem occurs again.

Snowflake

I don't think it's solved, but I have disabled all plugins, now I am waiting to see if I don't get any other emails like that one...