Nameserver inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sharkysarcade

Moved from PM

Hi There,[br]
I signed up a few hours ago and am about to change my domains nameservers in Go Daddy. What is the TTL period on your name servers? i know it is usually 24/48hrs, although some are quicker

Conor

Genesis

Administrator
For me it depends on the Registrar. With Namecheap it can be immediate. With dot.tk it can be 12-24 hours.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
It usually takes about an hour for DNS propagation.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

E

Este

One hour ? One day ! It depends. But after 2 days, if DNS propagation isn't done correctly there is a problem ... There is not really a spcific delay period on each nameservers :p

Snowflake

When I had my own domain with gigarank it took a few minutes to propagate the dns. :) Reallyyyyyy fast! :yahoo:

jbjenterprises

I think that it really depends on where you are on the Internet ( the DNS servers you use for your Internet service ). Even if your DNS records propagate to allow you access to your page in a few minutes, John Doe in Some City, Somewhere may not get the updated DNS for hours or days. Even when I can connect to my domain after a few minutes after making DNS changes, I like to use TOR or a proxy server to see if it is just me (my area) or others (other locations) as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.