Naturespace Theme

Jasmine333

Has anyone used WP Naturespace theme? If so do you like it? I recently found and activated it and like the image, but in the page I don't like where it posts a sentence or two and then uses the "read more" feature. I wonder if I turn deactivate the plugin recommended to use with the theme if that will turn off the read more function. If not I think I'll look for another theme.

Snowflake

Hi @"Jasmine333". I just installed that theme just to see if I could help you. I really hate it when a theme comes with the "read more" option. The theme looks really nice!!!

So, to remove the "read more" option it's actually pretty simple. I was starting to imagine I had to go look into the coding. To disable that go here:

Click on where it says "Appearance" then on Theme Options, followed by post entries settings - here's a screenshot:

lD8bZaY.png

After that a new screen with options will show up. Locate the part that says "Content/Excerpt Displaying" and from the drop down menu select "Content"

Save the changes and you're done!
If you need a custom header feel free to PM me, I would do it for free. :)

Hope this helps.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
You can get some nice header designs here as well if you are in a hurry for them:
http://www.freewordpressheaders.com/

I always check the WordPress.org pages for themes for their reviews and to see whether the theme's support is up to date. At first glance it looks great - 5 stars. Then when I looked closer there is only one review and two support requests. Maybe the home page is temporarily down, so if it is up again, I'd check through it carefully too.

Jasmine333

I've looked at more themes and some of them have the "read more" function as well. Maybe some like that so WP is adding themes with that function. But I'd still rather have a theme without it so for now I've gone back to Fourteen Thirteen. I like the Naturespace screen because the text layout is wider than Fourteen Thirteen and it gives a neater appearance.

Snowflake

The naturespace theme has an option to remove the read more option... did you see my explanation on how to change that?

Jasmine333

tangledmemories said:
The naturespace theme has an option to remove the read more option... did you see my explanation on how to change that?

Yes I did as you said and "read more" is gone. Thanks.

Funny I don't see the image of the theme on my screen. I saw it for Fourteen Thirteen, but not Naturespace.

Snowflake

Great. I thought from what you wrote before that it wasn't working and that's why you went back to Fourteen Thirteen...

Jasmine333

I think I've found a landing page template I like on WP, to promote a book talking about the advantages of coconut oil. All the templates I've looked at have a space for the name and email, but isn't it possible to have a landing page without the forms? For the product I'd like to promote I don't believe there are any newsletters for the viewer to subscribe to, so what would be the point of having them fill in their name and email? I avoid filling in these forms myself, because in the past when I did then I'd get a bunch of unwanted emails and spam. So I tend to think these forms could drive away potential customers.

Jasmine333

Genesis said:
Now you've got me curious. What is the name of the template? :cool:

I went to WP and installed the WP Landing Pages plugin, where I found a theme called Dropcap. In the picture of it there appears to be palm trees and tropical scenery, which looks perfect for what I'm wanting to promote, and that is a book about the advantages of using coconut oil. Clickbank claims it has a high conversion rate, plus I use coconut oil myself and like it.

The plugin I installed says there are 20,000 installs, not the one that says 10,000.