New Social Networks for 2014

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Social networks come and go, take MySpace for example once a mighty social network now a memory in days gone bye.

Facebook has hit it`s popularity peak and is now slowly but surely starting drop in popularity and 1000`s leave Facebook on a daily basis. Maybe because there`s too many ads or maybe it`s just not cool anymore!

Twitter is still gaining in popularity, but sadly in my eyes since the floatation on the stock market those investors are going to want to see a ROI. How are Twitter going todo that? With ads of course, Give twitter a couple more years and it will also start to fade away! Users will leave in their droves as they do not want to see ads ads ads.

2014 is here! Anyone have predictions on the next big social network phenomenon? Share your thoughts...

jaran

I saw Pinterest and G+ have still big loyal fan on the next future. Why? Because, Pinterest n G+ would not share their API POST to public until now. I said it from developer side.

Pauline

Maybe social will become more fun, like people seem to enjoy role playing very much, so they will up the ante on role playing networks.

Tolkin

Vines.

Whats a vine? Its an social networking app for the iphone, where you can record 7 second videos and share them with other users of the Vine community. Since then, it's reached over 2 million downloads and counting.

belltown

I think Google+ will continue to expand in popularity as a very high rate. It used to be that to create a Google+ account, you had to explicitly sign up for it, just like signing up for any other social media site. However, Google now creates a Google+ account automatically whenever someone creates a Gmail account. Furthermore, many of their services, e.g. YouTube, are tied in to a user's Google+ profile. They also make it easy to add your Gmail contacts to your Google+ circles, so I think many people will, by default, end up with Google+ accounts. And, of course, once their user base grows, that in turn will feed more growth. I'm not sure what the benefits are of Google+ (or any other social networks) versus Facebook, but I can see a time when people get tired of Facebook and start looking for the next new thing in the social networking world.

phenomenalfrog

I have little to no activity on my G+ page and I hardly see any updates from anyone. It seems Facebook is still the favorite, at least amongst my age group. FB is also big with businesses, especially photographers, yet I don't see photographers on Twitter as much...

I shudder at the thought of Twitter ads. There are already people engaging in pay-per-tweets and I find it annoying and won't follow anyone who participates in it. (I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying it personally annoys me and I won't follow people who do it.) How long before Twitter themselves pay users to tweet ads?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Google+ is practically forced upon you if you have a Google account, that is the main reason it`s growing so fast. It boils down to it maybe growing at a phenomenal rate, but the question is how many of the Google+ accounts are active?

Personally I do not like Google+. My favourite social networks are and always have been are forums.

speedsonic

Talking about vine i know i saw a site where you could do just like what vine can .

PechaKucha

i so this when i was browsing for events here in the philippines i think they have some conference here at makati in 2012

dxverm

DJB said:
Personally I do not like Google+. My favourite social networks are and always have been are forums.

I have to say I agree with you there DJB! Forums have always been the best social networking structures on the web. The best part about forums are there categories and separation of discussions. Where Facebook and Twitter will slap everything everyone of your friends have said on your page for a never-ending wall of random discussions. I gotta say I wish forums were more prevalent in today's networking.

net2nadeem

DJB said:
Google+ is practically forced upon you if you have a Google account, that is the main reason it`s growing so fast. It boils down to it maybe growing at a phenomenal rate, but the question is how many of the Google+ accounts are active?

Google is the most hight rank and with many of features like reader google earth, google map, google adsense, adword etc.
You cant compare it with msn or yahoo. I think google is going to fast and will hit the maximum goal. I have heard now google is making a site like facebook new features and new option. If it happens then google have alot of user to stay back facebook
:dodgy:

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like Facebook. For me it is much too invasive and dictatorial. And not efficient from a privacy point of view. There are just too many clicks one have to make to ensure privacy, and even with those, one may have just missed one that one doesn't know about. At least Google is a bit more transparent and although also evil, honestly evil and much more efficient. A devil I can live with if I really have to and don't have any other choice. I genuinely hope for someone to come up with a new version of Facebook that can be more specific to business rather than have the personal and business in a mix.

joeecason

What about forums? They are "technically" a social network to me :D

Also, do not forget snapchat. They are going to keep growing, as well as imessage and facetime, which are social networks for Iphones.

If you want to know what social networks will be big, it will be the ones that your friends tell you about, not the ones you see online.

prettyinpink

Facebook is one way for advertising but nowadays it seems not efficient to use, because of the auto likes, auto followers etc..
people are just fooling themselves by using this.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I find Facebook VERY clumsy to use. I seem to be looking for the same features every time I log in as they just don't seem to be intuitively places. Definitely a tool that I'm not very fund off.

windycitygamers

DJB said:

yeah that's one of the scams google has involving the android market. you must have a google account to download any apps from them. and once u signup for that gmail account it pretty much assigns you to G+ and all kinda other apps. I once used my drive storage as a redirect for my gaming server. So that was a plus but it was still a PITA keeping up with files between both services

nicholas29708

Google Plus is a joke. It is not something that will ever be effectively utilized because of the fact that it is forced upon anyone with a Gmail account. Google needs to focus on YouTube and drop Google Plus all together. I see Twitter and Instagram taking home the social media victory in 2014 with a special emphasis on Instagram!