November Competition - Win a Free VPS Server valid til September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
You could be in with a chance to win a VPS server valid til September 2014.

Top forum poster this month will win a VPS! (November 1st to November 30th)

The VPS Specs are:
Cores: 3
Dedicated RAM: 512 MB
vSwap: 512 MB
Disk: 50 GB
Bandwidth: 2000 GB
IP`s: 2 IPv4
OS: CentOS (Linux) ( You will have opportunity to change / install your own linux based operating system )
Management Panel: SolusVZ

Available Operating Systems (32 and 64 bit):
Debian 6.0.5, 6.0.6, 7
Fedora 17, 18, 19
Centos 5, 6.3, 6.4
Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, 13.04

This does not come with a control panel such as cPanel, you would have to install your own. Suggestions for free control panels to install are:

Webmin
Virtualmin
ISPConfig 3
Web CP
Zpanel
Kloxo

Important Information
You will have full root ssh access to the VPS server and will have to stick to the VPS providers terms and conditions: http://crissic.net/tos and their Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) http://crissic.net/aup if you break those rules during usage you may have the VPS suspended by the provider Crissic Solutions LLC. Gigalicous cannot be held accountable for loss of service if you break the providers rules.The provider will be notified that the VPS is being given away as a competition.

The winners will be notified via private message and the Linux VPS will be awarded on around the 2th December. Competition is open to all Gigalicous members with the exclusion of staff members and previous competition winners who have won 2 prizes / domains in different Gigalicous competitions within the last 6 months. That`s it and best of luck!

Sander k

A Windows VPS?

I am willing to post This contest on several forums when all details are there.
Just tell me on which forums I shouldnt post, as one of us could get an infraction or even a ban for that.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Updated and the competition is now live. Best of luck!

Sander k said:
A Windows VPS?

I am willing to post This contest on several forums when all details are there.
Just tell me on which forums I shouldnt post, as one of us could get an infraction or even a ban for that.

It`s a Linux VPS (CentOS) It would be greatly appreciated if you could post the competition in various forums and blogs. Thanks buddy :drinks:

Sander k

LMAO, i cant win the vps then.
Well, i understand, i have no need for a vps any way.
I will keep posting tho, I like It here.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty awesome competition Chris. I'm green with envy .... I guess staff aren't eligible to compete?

GigaGreg

Staff member
Haha Genesis, you post the most apart from Sander, so it's kinda hard for everyone else to have a chance to win this :)

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
igdesigner said:
Haha Genesis, you post the most apart from Sander, so it's kinda hard for everyone else to have a chance to win this :)
True. Great competition. Pretty awesome indeed. Think I'll write to a few people I know who may be interested to compete.

GigaGreg

Staff member
I will be trying on my own, to get to the top posters and try to win this, because VPS will be really useful for me.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Oops! Yes, I was correcting it and had just deleted it when I noticed your post. I've reposted it in the right thread.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
@igdesigner read the terms of the competition again, you do have a chance and your currently in the lead :)

GigaGreg

Staff member
Sitebee said:
@igdesigner read the terms of the competition again, you do have a chance and your currently in the lead :)

Is this because Sander don't want it? Because I dont get it.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
igdesigner said:
Sitebee said:

Is this because Sander don't want it? Because I dont get it.

Read the OP:

Sitebee said:
The winners will be notified via private message and the Linux VPS will be awarded on around the 2th December. Competition is open to all Gigalicous members with the exclusion of staff members and previous competition winners who have won 2 prizes / domains in different Gigalicous competitions within the last 6 months. That`s it and best of luck!

Sander k

I can't use a VPS any way ;)
Got 2 i7 servers with 64gb ram in Germany and one i5 with 16gb ram in Dallas (US).

Status
Not open for further replies.