November Competition = Win Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
250 Forum Posts = Free Domain
free-domains.png

Our forums have gone a little quiet in the last couple of months, so to give our forums a well needed boost every Gigarank forum member that makes 250 forum post`s or more in the whole month of November on the Gigarank Community Forums will qualify a free domain.

It`s that simple! Post 250 forums posts or more and get a free domain! So if money is tight and you need a domain, then posting on our forums is easiest to get a free domain.

The domain extensions are:

.com
.net
.org
.biz

Terms of entry

Promotion starts 00:00 1st November and ends 30th November 23:59 (GMT)

No staff members (sorry)

Domain valid for 12 months, renewal subject to our renewal fees.

Spam post`s maybe deleted, so quality post`s only please to ensure you get a domain.

The winners will be notified via PM and the domains will be given out on or around the 5th December 2014

-------

Any questions? Post away...

Snowflake

This is so cool, but imagine that 1000 members would post +250 posts in the month of november, would you give all of them a free domain?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Good question, although I highly doubt that 1000 people are going to post over 250 forum posts in a month, be great if that happened.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I`m hoping to see atleast 5 people go for it. Be nice to see the forums busier again.

rockforlife

lol I have 63 this month.. 250 is a lofty goal maybe people will keep posting questions that I know the answers to haha

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The competition is now open, hopefully we can see some new and interesting new topics being opened on up the forums.

Good luck to everybody. 250 posts is an easy amount to post in a month. That`s as litlte as 8 posts per day!

P

princemirza

A free hosting would go along with the price :p
Maybe I'll try it :)

rockforlife

Ok, I have an idea for a use for a new domain lol... so here starts my attempt at 250 posts for the month lol. oh and I quick off topic question too, is there a list of all the free hosted sites somewhere? I'd like to check em out lol

Genesis

Administrator

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Does`nt appear to have wet the appetite for those wishing to earn a free domain. It`s still early in the month we may see more activity in the coming weeks..

jaran

I propose that once the previous contest winners (likes me and other previous winner) are not included in the contest this time. I though its fair enough. How do you think ?

Genesis

Administrator
Great suggestion Jaran. But perhaps all we want is people to post. And if they do go to the trouble of making extra posts, particularly to the extent of 250 in one month, then they probably need to be rewarded for their effort, fair and square.

jaran

Thanks Genesis. I mean it will give a chance to other member who want to keep contribute makes good quality post on the next time.

Genesis

Administrator
I understand. Think DJB/Chris's intention is to get as many members as possible to make more posts. If there are 10 members (excluding staff) who make 250 posts, 10 members each will get a free domain. If it were a case of having only one prize then you're right. One should give first opportunity to those who haven't won a prize before. But in this case Chris will reward every member (staff excluded) who makes 250 posts.

We're really hoping members will join in. To make 250 posts members have to make 9 posts a day. For 30 days. That does look doable to me. We're now up to 7 November, so by now those joining in need to have made 63 posts. Or adjust their averages for the balance of the month.

rockforlife

Jaron, you can post as me if you'd like *chuckle* I have an idea for a new domain, but I just can't seem to come up with ideas for new threads, and with the lack of new threads appearing that I have any comments to make in... it seems my goal of making 250 may come up a bit shy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.