Oops! Another 404...

c0nvct

I'm soaking up the site, this time I was here: https://www.gigarocket.net/aboutus.php

I hit the "Connect with us:" Facebook icon, 404. I checked the other links which are fine.

Maybe whack a couple of marketing videos on that YouTube channel just so its not empty, your girl Ada is it, wicked Photoshop whizz, upload any of her videos with your branding, I'd spend time watching those!

Cheers

c0nvct

GigaGreg

Staff member
There are no problems with about us page, I've just checked and there is nothing wrong with it.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
He means the circular FB icon.

To be fair a website of our size with 50k+ URLs there's gonna a number of 4xx errors. It's a matter of prioritisation of our time, fixing the odd 4xx error here and there or offering support to our users.

@C0nvct Nice spot though, you manually spotting these or running an audit tool?

GigaGreg

Staff member
Oh yea, i've noticed it now. Just an image. Like DJB said, we will have a lot of problems and silly errors like this.

c0nvct

Manually. I got too much time on my hands right now, and I wouldn't run tools without permission. But I like what youre doing, good open source attitude, I'd like a VPS and a few reports help you guys look more pro. I'm stuck in a hospital be for another few weeks, so I bought a couple of domains and am thinking about a little niche e-commerce thing... and continue learning.... glad you seen it, thought I was going daft a moment. You really have a slick site, Im enjoying it.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you're in hospital, but if that means you're going to be paying attention to Gigarank, I'm very happy. I've been enjoying your posts and appreciate your feedback very much. :good:

Would be great if you also let us know about your e-commerce experiences. We're short on blog posts as you've probably noticed, so if you can contribute any, please let us know. Perhaps DJB (Chris), our owner can set you up. If you feel to contribute. Or our Facebook.

c0nvct

Hey

I'm going to change over nameservers for my domain to point and the new shared hosting account you guys just set up, you in fact... cheers again!

One last quick question, am I going to be able to use the shared hosting and the VPS when eligible or is it one or the other?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers. You're definitely eligible for a VPS after you've made 25 posts. You've probably read the VPS TOS about the requirement of 20 posts per month to maintain the account.

c0nvct

Yep, awesome. Changed my NS's from 1and1 to gigadnsserver.com and they've already propagated through. I've been joining various tech groups on Facebook, do you have any nifty little ad graphics or links to any promotional material that I can use to link and post. I'd like to do this for Gigarank, you guys have been good to me and I like to contribute...

I'll post in your ideas and feedback section now thinking about it...