Please review my website

pan1

Maybe you can add Rating or voting system for each movie...Its standard feature on movie list website. :D

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Visually it`s it fine, clean and easy to read. Although, there`s nothing unique!

Work on personalizing the site, put your own spin and text to attract like minded visitors.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
It looks great Pan. This is not a biggie, but I'm not too keen about the red font for the captions. Also, when you hove over the captions they disappear. So I'd choose different colour for that. Maybe black and when you hover green or something more neutral than red.

I like the clean design. Well done:good:

ogah

thank for all, you give nice input.
i wait approvement of my api key from rottentomatoes, they have more data that i needed

GigaGreg

Staff member
Like DJB said, there is nothing unique, because it is not your own theme/template, however visually it is clean, simple and easy to use :cool:

GigaGreg

Staff member
I see that, but then you will show off that you have made everything by yourself, not only the API, but what you do is very good.

Gregoric

Doesn't it violate the rules that APIs of such movie databases have? Like that you use the data collected and stored on their servers for your own profit? Just asking, I'm curious in case I wanted to create wnything similar in the future.

About the website: what is the name of the theme? I think there is one theme very similar to the one you are using that is significantly more lightweight and faster than other themes usually are. I'm not sure whether it is the one that you are using, because it looks pretty similar ;)

ogah

Gregoric if you want to use imdb, they providing their database via ftp, you can syncronize your data file with that. but need vps & have root access to run.

i use theme sparking from wp admin dashboard. and i build this script as wp plugins. if i boring with this theme, i can easily switch to other theme without editing my movie plugins

ibo3x

Interesting Website.
But if you want to grow for visitors and potential money maker website, you need to work hard, about 20-30 post per day. No Copy.paste .. You have to be original.

Good luck