Plugin suggestion

alteticaepidemia

Hi mates,

Since I'm new to wordpress, I really need some help from you guys that use this tool.
I'm running a website for an amateur sports team and I plan on setting up a gallery page with some photos and videos from competitions we take part in. Another thing is: some documents need to be stored in the website, so only the staff can access and edit.

I have absolutely no idea on plugins that may help me with this task. Could you help me suggesting some plugins (free or not)?

Thanks in advance and I apologise for my bad english skills (brazilian here).

Genesis

Administrator
First thing for sure is to look after the security of the Wordpress Website as Wordpress is a known target for hackers. Recommended plugins immediately after you have loaded the website are:

WordFence
BruteProtect

Once you have uploaded Wordpress it is easy to install the plugins without the need to download them first.

The tutorial below provides plenty of tips for how to install WordPress and to manage themes and plugins:

[video=youtube]

In this tutorial he shows you how to make a gallery page:

[video=youtube]

Snowflake

I was going to suggest the same plugins rockforlife suggested. I've used both and they are really easy to use and there are a lot of tutorials on the web. Those Genesis mentioned seem to do the job as well. Good luck in your quest to find the best plugins. ;)

Genesis

Administrator
The Photo Gallery tutorial that I posted uses Nextgen Gallery plugin. It gives a step by step on how to use all the features of Nextgen Plugin.

alteticaepidemia

@"Genesis" I am really greateful for the tutorials you posted. It really helped me understand wordpress a little better! Thanks for the security tip, I didn't know about the vulnerabilities of the script.

@"rockforlife" and @"tangledmemories" thanks for the suggestions. It was a really quick response from you guys, I didn't expect that!

Downloading and testing those scripts here in localhost until I am able to get a free hosting from Gigarank!

Thanks for everything!

Snowflake

Did you find what you were looking for? And, you're welcome. I'm very surprised with this community, everyone has so much knowledge in so many different areas. I've learned a lot from these guys. Hope you like your stay with gigarank. :)

alteticaepidemia

I'm working with those plugins you recomended, but I couldn't find a solution for the file thing. I don't know if it is even possible, but I was planning on a library with some documents often used by the staff, so every member of the team (with authorized access) could download and edit.

Anyway, thanks for all help and attention!