Ports & server-side outbound connections.

NoelF1

Hi techies,

I am trying to use a php script called "samphpweb" to use for my small web radio. The script comes as part of the "Sam Broadcaster" application.

The application works by having to access my local (pc where i have the software installed) song database on ports 3306 and 1221 both from my pc and the remote server where samphpweb is hosted.

Do you allow connection on these two ports? If so can you please open them for my domain / account? please, as I have an error within the script which won't let the script access my database as the server is preventing it from connecting outbound (my pc).

for more info about this problem I'm having here's how I found out: http://support.spacialaudio.com/forums/v...22&t=36859

currently my samphpweb on GigaRank's servers is here: http://noelborg.com/testing/samPHPweb
I'll move it to another directory when working.

my username is: noelpro.

Thanks a lot,
Best Regards,
NoelF1

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for submitting the support request Noel. Hopefully Chris (DJB) or un4saken (Tech Admin) can respond in due course.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry we are unable to offer outbound open mysql connections due to our OS and firewall settings.

If you really need to use Samphpweb I would suggest getting a vps droplet from www.digitalocean.com and installing LAMP, you would be able to configure the ports to your requirements and get samphpweb working for you.

It`s too much of a security risk for us and our users.

NoelF1

DJB said:
Sorry we are unable to offer outbound open mysql connections due to our OS and firewall settings.

If you really need to use Samphpweb I would suggest getting a vps droplet from www.digitalocean.com and installing LAMP, you would be able to configure the ports to your requirements and get samphpweb working for you.

It`s too much of a security risk for us and our users.
Thanks for the suggestion, I just might as well not consider using it (ie; samphpweb).

Thanks for helping though, DJB. :)