Possible magic quote problem?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of going through all of this pain, can we see whether we can move your Website from one cPanel of a host to another cPanel of a different host first as a Plan A?

Can you please make a FULL backup of your Website in the cPanel of the host where you are. Then check the e-mail that you usually receive when you make a back-up for the full name of the back-up file.

Then PM the full name of the back-up file to me/DJB and we'll see what we can do on this end.

Peter

I don't think this has anything to do with magic quotes. It's more likely to be a problem with character encodings.

I had similar problems with my own site before I added this line of code, right after the call to mysql_connect.
Code:
mysql_query("SET NAMES 'utf8'");
If you don't already have this in your code you could try adding it and see if it makes a difference. If are using some other encoding than utf8 I guess you will have to replace it with that instead.

CSense

Yo-

Genesis: The entire site is now moved over, though had to do the db somewhat piecemeal, as we're way beyond the 50mb phpAdmin import limitation...

Peter: That fixed it! Many thnx!

...all looking good at the moment...will be moving DNS this weekend...

Thnx again!

-CSense