Premium support default_charset in php is not set

whsecurity

Hello,
I'm trying to create a joomla site with greek language support. The db is set to utf-8 general but the phpinfo shows no value in default_charset. I have no access to php.ini and I selected php v5.5. Please is urgent most of my sites requires utf-8.

P.S. Ticket system doesn't working. It says "No support departments found. Please try again later. "

whsecurity

Thanks un4saken but I don't like the idea to put a php.ini to my public directory. First I give ftp access to some of my clients and second I really don't like the idea to have anyone see my php.ini.For now I will use this solution and I disabled the direct http access to php.ini through htaccess. Is there any other possibility for these matter?

What about tickets?

un4saken

Administrator
I can't set charset to ut8 globally because not everyone using it, you should use a custom php.ini for that. You don't need to worry about people accessing your php.ini file, that's just a configuration file.

About the tickets, i will poke @DJB

whsecurity

un4saken: If I don't cut the access to php.ini through htaccess clients and other "bad people" can see it with just a call to browser navigation bar. Ok I will keep the php.ini - htaccess solution

jaran: thank you. I already have set charset to utf-8. Current problem is with yootheme's zoo name. When I put Greek characters and hit save it convert's them to ?????. Any other idea will be appreciated.

Thanks both of you

un4saken

Administrator
I don't get why dont you want other people see your php.ini file. It will contaion only one line and it's default charset setting.

Fixed the ticket system problem.

jaran

I just have basic knowledge about php. Is the joomla using php too ?

For php encoding you can using this script at top of header.
Code:
<?php header("Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8"); ?>
Its better than html meta tag encoding method.

whsecurity

Thanks jaran. yes joomla is based on php.

Un4saken: I have 1-2 customers who have the curiosity of a child. What's that and what I can do (destroy) with that. Any way I will give them only specific ftp access and no cpanel. As I said I will stick in the solution you provided.

I have some private questions to make. Where I can make them?