Scamming the Scammers

GigaGreg

Staff member
Hey Guys,

I don't know if you have seen this video on youtube or around the internet, but this is serious offence, what people can do to you if you are not familiar with computers.

It is a long material, but very handy and shows you that you shouldn't trust any people who are calling you.
[video=youtube]

I am posting this to get thoughts and opinions, also to make you lot aware of serious scams that happens.

O

ochefunds

hello could you please help me with link i will appreciate your kind gesture

smalpierre

Did anyone notice that the userid on his computer was "Sucker" HAHAHA! When the guy was typing in the command prompt I was dying laughing :D How could the guy not notice that?

I like how one of the first things he did was change the startup password ... what a dingus.

smalpierre

It would have been great if he tried to blackmail the guy haha!

"Yeah, if I were to receive ... lets say 20 grand - I might reconsider turning this over to the FBI. Would youlike to put your manager on the phone please?"

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I don't trust the FBI at all. Wouldn't be surprised if the scammer is the FBI testing how far people can be scammed. Or the FBI was listening into all of that.

I've got an ongoing dislike of our local internet provider's call operator system - well, maybe even most call operator systems. The one for our internet provider however is practically useless. They can guide people for checking on connections, but that is about the limit particularly since the tech division in my geographic area doesn't seem to be communicating with the call center so the call center may not even know when there are issues. However, what I find interesting is that they prompt me for personal information to check whether I'm legit, but there is no similar system for checking whom I am dealing with. Who's to say the person who is probably earning a rock bottom salary is not mining information for hack use with his friends.

_Hoh_

Just hang up, you shouldn't say a word to them. The more you speak the more they know about you.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Maybe, but this guy did not know anything and sound like a proper dumbass though. Im talking about the Indian guy.

cyberzen

I've been a tech guy of MS Answerdesk but we use registered LogMeIn :D
and we don't do outbound calls tho.