Server Software Upgraded

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick heads up, we have performed some security updates with Mod SSL on the Hero server. During the updates we took the server down for around 20 minutes.

Everything is back up and running fine again.

Penguin

Yes, I thought that the downtime was related to server updates. Thank you very much. :drinks:

BTW I'm getting Untrusted connection error (both FF & Chrome) in the cpanel login page. Facing this error for the past 2 days and I don't know the exact section to post this. :huh:

But yes, I am able to log in when I add an exception for this error.

Attachments

• hero_error.png
    hero_error.png
    32 KB · Views: 5

Pauline

Penguin said:
Yes, I thought that the downtime was related to server updates. Thank you very much. :drinks:

BTW I'm getting Untrusted connection error (both FF & Chrome) in the cpanel login page. Facing this error for the past 2 days and I don't know the exact section to post this. :huh:

But yes, I am able to log in when I add an exception for this error.
I got the same. But I think it is a one-off because of the upgrade. Once the exception has been saved to FF it should be good for a long while.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I`ll look into it shortly, I saw it myself this morning, which I thought was odd as I renewed the SSL Cert yesterday.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I think the AwStats issue of early morning was due to the upgrade as well as just checked and looks as though it has fixed itself. It's now on 3 September whereas this morning early had been stuck on 1 September.

Penguin

Pauline said:
I got the same. But I think it is a one-off because of the upgrade. Once the exception has been saved to FF it should be good for a long while.

Yes, that's one solution. But that's not the proper solution to fix SSL errors. :p

DJB said:
I`ll look into it shortly, I saw it myself this morning, which I thought was odd as I renewed the SSL Cert yesterday.

Thank you very much. :smile:

Maximus

I guess it's always good to have security upgraded. Can't have enough of that these days. Thanks DJB!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We do our best to provide a smooth pleasant web hosting experience. Our staff has 20 year + combined between them.