Sniper shot 5 Dallas Texas Police Officers Dead

dmull

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the men and women wearing blue in Dallas Texas. There was a sniper that shot 5 Dallas Police Officers and wounded 7 other police officers. This sniper took his own life, however while he was shooting he wanted to shoot "white people". Please pray!

dmull

The USA is failing apart! There has been 4 shootings in the USA. I cab honestly say that I am starting to feel uncomfortable.

This hits very close to home for me. I live near Dallas and my nextdoor neighbor is a member of the Dallas Police Dept. She is not hurt physically but having this happen is a very hard loss on the whole force. The sad irony of this is that Dallas has a Police Department that has put a lot of effort into and made good strides with their race relations in recent years (the chief and assistant are african-american). Before the shooting, last night's protest was completely peaceful with officers and protesters of different races posing for photos together.

fouadChk

I won't delve into the core issues that this incident stems from... don't have the time nor the will right now. But what strikes me reading the quote bellow is the use of the word 'race'. I'm not a native speaker of the English language and I grew accustomed into using that word as it is meant by the academic concept of 'race'. If couples belonging to two different populations are systematically unable to procreate (unable to have viable offspring) then and only then we can talk about having 2 different RACES.

As far as I know we never recorded any such case within the human species, whatever the ethnic groups involved. All human populations on this globe are interfecond thus there is NO RACE within the human species (up till now at least.)

I would prefer that people start the use of 'ethnic group' instead of race, just for accuracy 's sake.
helpremember said:
(........)The sad irony of this is that Dallas has a Police Department that has put a lot of effort into and made good strides with their race relations in recent years (the chief and assistant are african-american). Before the shooting, last night's protest was completely peaceful with officers and protesters of different races posing for photos together.

Barnum4000

The shooter killed the those officers because of the #blacklivesmatter. Unfortunatley people are being killed by officers too often in America but the recent Sniper shooting will just make the situation worse because the police may feel more paranoid around people and may be more likely to shoot someone. I hate moment like these that cause a divide in the community, people seem to think the police are the bad guys.

One of my friend believe that the policemen who were killed in this sniper shooting deserved to die. Not sure that he can be considered a friend if he thinks that this attack was agood thing.

amh

dmull said:
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the men and women wearing blue in Dallas Texas. There was a sniper that shot 5 Dallas Police Officers and wounded 7 other police officers. This sniper took his own life, however while he was shooting he wanted to shoot "white people". Please pray!

due to few bad policemen , many of the good policemen also became the target......