SSL Certificate

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I know none of the Gigarank paid or unpaid services provide SSL certificates. What is available is the ability to install certificates on the paid services however it would make sense that the certificates would need to be purchased by the person who owns the Website. For our free hosting service, certificates would need to be purchased as well and can be installed at special request through the support forum. Refer a recent post of our Technical Administrator:
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-3642-post-29813.html#pid29813

rockforlife

correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a ssl requires an ip address

rockforlife said:

to be clear a static ip that points to only your account

rockforlife said:

rockforlife said:

to be clear a static ip that points to only your account

No, that is not true any more. They can use wildcard now. I have used them on my sub domains without any issues and that was for a free SSL

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
strokerace said:
No, that is not true any more. They can use wildcard now. I have used them on my sub domains without any issues and that was for a free SSL
Hi Strokerace. I'm bumping this thread. I did a learning curve last night on SSL so am above average curious. Where did you get the free SSL from and particularly a free wildcard SSL? :cool:

I checked Namecheap last night and they have a domain SSL cheapest at 9 US$ and when it gets to wild card it gets hiked up to 94 US$

Well, the company that I used was startssl.com . I just went to their site and seem things have changed a bit. They seem to have a paid service along with a free service now. They have a live chat service and I am currently trying to chat with them on this.

I just chatted with their support team. You can get a free cert for any sub domain. If you want a wildcard, its $59 US dollars for 2 years. Its a class 2 cert.
For a class 3 or 4, its $199.90 for 2/3 years

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
strokerace said:
Well, the company that I used was startssl.com . I just went to their site and seem things have changed a bit. They seem to have a paid service along with a free service now. They have a live chat service and I am currently trying to chat with them on this.

I just chatted with their support team. You can get a free cert for any sub domain. If you want a wildcard, its $59 US dollars for 2 years. Its a class 2 cert.
For a class 3 or 4, its $199.90 for 2/3 years
Thx for the info strokerace! :drinks:

Will check it out tonight when I get home.