The best image hosts for linking pics to the forums.

aya

whats the best image hosts for linking images to the gigarank forums?
when I 1st joined I used photobucket, but occasionally it seemed to block some people randomly from seeing my pics, recently I've been using deviantart which seems to work better as long as you have your privacy settings set to public.
I know facebook can play up on here, what do you use & is it solid ?

aya

:shock:
TEST
138235.png

Oh yeah thats awesome!!!!!!!!
I thought I couldn't as I only have a forum account now thanks!

Snowflake

Works great, right :yahoo: I didn't even notice gigarank had an image host until someone (I think it was genesis) pointed me in the right direction!!!! I use it everytime I need to share images!

aya

I only found this out @"tangledmemories" about 3 weeks ago, may be this info could be placed somewhere for new members? :smile:

GigaGreg

Staff member
aya said:
I only found this out @"tangledmemories" about 3 weeks ago, may be this info could be placed somewhere for new members? :smile:

It is better to discover Gigarank on your own I guess. It gives more satisfaction of using own initiative to get around the website.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I use the Gigarank Image Host for uploading images I use at Gigarank. Unfortunately we don't have separate image accounts as it would have been nice to be able to manage it myself.

For images I like to keep I use imgur. I like imgur particularly since I can trust it - it has been around since 2011. I also like it because it is so fast to get up. Takes seconds to open imgur and upload an image. Speed is important for me when I want to upload an image. That and reliability of the image host. Imgur has both.

Gregoric

I haven't used the Gigarank's image hosting yet but as I read in the posts here, that's a huge mistake ;) I think I'll try it out in the near future.

Anyways, I've been using imgur.com for a pretty long time. The interface is simple, it supports drag & drop, images can be put into albums. It's simple, useful and reliable - I do not need anything else ;)

Additional crucial thing is that I am using Greenshot application to make screenshots (I do recommand it, by the way, that is the best freeware screenshot app on the internet), which is integrated with imgur pretty well. If I want to upload a screenshot to imgur, it takes me two clicks. PrntScrn makes a list of options appear and then I can choose direct imgur upload (that's the second click). Now, the image's uploaded and direct link to it is in my clipboiard right away ;) If I'd like to edit the screenshot - no problem, from the options list mentioned above I choose Greenshot's image editor, I edit the picture and then with a single button I upload it onto imgur ;) Perfect thingy!