The longest spam thread in the World

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
fitkoh said:
@genesis I don't know about resolving the chrome issues, but I think you can set the default url for WP to http or https in "settings -> general"

Aha .... thx @fitkoh I'd forgotten about that one. :good:

I was also thinking of the database as well. Editing the fields in there.

Yozora

@"Genesis" Yeah, I hear you. I hate it when a plugin makes drastic changes for the worse and I need to figure out where all the settings are and such again...

Also, yeah, I had the same WordPress issue too, until I remembered to change the setting
Fitkoh mentioned. They should definitely make that setting more obvious.

@"Fitkoh" Thanks! I'll give Yoast another try then. Glad to hear it seems to have improved since the last time I tried it out. :smile:

Yozora

GigaGreg said:
Long time no see :D

Hey Greg! How have things been going for you lately? The Covid-19 stats are going down where I am, but they're still high enough to be dangerous. Vaccines are only available for older people and healthcare workers pretty much, so most people can't get them yet...

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! Glad to see you're still around @Yozora and @GigaGreg

@Yozora Covid numbers are also down here, however medical services are bracing themselves for a third wave in April. People are still getting sick and dying. Everything is really relative. When Covid started in March last year for the first time, the current numbers 1,000 plus new cases daily would have been shocking. Now it is relative to 15,000 at its peak in December/January. Vaccines are still limited to medical professionals only. Vaccines are still very new here - only started two weeks ago, so is still very much a novelty and much appreciated by medical professionals who have taken the brunt of the pandemic. Not sure when vaccines will come to us mere mortals, but they expect not before the end of the year. And who knows whether there will have been a new variant again requiring follow up doses. Covid virus is very shrewd.

Peter

I'm also looking forward to getting vaccinated but I'm not at the front of the queue. They hope to have vaccinated everyone here by midsummer but vaccination deliveries have been lower than originally negotiated so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer than that. Many of the oldest people have gotten vaccinated. I have two grandparents and one of them has received two doses and the other one has received one dose.

Yozora

@"Genesis" Oh wow! Sounds like the vaccine distribution program there is going really slow.
In the US most places are already past the first phase of distribution, "1a" (Medical staff and nursing home residents only) and now are up to the second one, "1b". (Essential workers A.K.A people who work at jobs with a high risk for infection, people aged 65+, and people with certain medical conditions)
I've heard Phase 2 (Everyone else) might be in effect by July, possibly April if things go well.
The variants worry me though... Hopefully the virus doesn't evolve too fast for the vaccine makers to keep up. I think I read the vaccines still have some effectiveness against the virus, but it's not as much as it could be. I hope there won't be many more waves, but I'm not too optimistic.

@"Peter"
That's great news about your grandparents! I've got friends who work in healthcare who have gotten the vaccine. (Mostly Moderna's) They said that the side effects were horrible but it was worth it. I hope that the vaccine makers will speed up production eventually.

Yozora

GigaGreg said:
Oh damn, since we don't have web hosting anymore I forgot about Gigarocket damn me!

To be fair, there isn't much activity anymore...I've been checking in every once in a while and it's rare that I see new posts.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Covid-19 is strange here in England, we won't have restaurant/clubs covid passports anymore, hopefully! Other than that, everything back to normal-ish

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
@Gigagreg glad to hear passports for Covid madness has ended in the UK. How are the case numbers doing?

GigaGreg

Staff member
Peter said:
@GigaGreg Normal as in covid normal or pre-covid normal?

Pre-covid normal, masks are still required in certain places like hospitals, pharmacies and doctor places.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Genesis said:
@Gigagreg glad to hear passports for Covid madness has ended in the UK. How are the case numbers doing?

I'm not following it anymore so I don't remember how it was during covid, but currently 36k people on daily basis.