Tryng to start a very large forum

Inception

Since you guys have categories for everything I figured here'd be the place to show it off ^^ I started on this today, I'm trying to make it moderately active, at least 15-20 people on a day, any way I can get traffic? :D here's my site (hosting with host-ed) http://www.randomforum.sexypenguins.com. The URL is already a plus. :D

GigaGreg

Staff member
You probably would have to buy the traffi I'm afraid :) Make a Facebook Page, interact with others, buy adverts on Facebook, you need also to have more categories on your forum and uniqe design/template.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
The URL was removed to check it out. According to un4 the URL was blacklisted in its past. So some of the anti-virus software, such as Kaspersky in my case, is still responding as though it has been blacklisted. Apparently the Website is OK now, so I have added it back in. This is probably going to be a problem though for the Website. So something may need to be done to get rid of the presumption of blacklisted.

Inception

Kaspersky seems to be the only antivirus that picks it up, my friend TheCanadianToast tried it out on Kaspersky.

Inception

Really? Maybe the previous domain owner did something.

I'm probably just going to switch domains from randomforum.sexypenguins.com to randomforums.sexypenguins.com

Update
It turns out that it's not my domain alone(randomforum.sexypenguins.com) that's blacklisted but the entire domain, sexypenguins.com is blacklisted

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Inception said:
Really? Maybe the previous domain owner did something.

I'm probably just going to switch domains from randomforum.sexypenguins.com to randomforums.sexypenguins.com

Update
It turns out that it's not my domain alone(randomforum.sexypenguins.com) that's blacklisted but the entire domain, sexypenguins.com is blacklisted

Too bad. I've just learned a lesson here though. Before buying a domain to check out whether it's been blacklisted before. Can just see someone like Godaddy coming up with an added marketing feature like "all our domains have been tested for blacklisting". Or will it?