Update to 4.1 doesn't work

Sander k

Hi guys,

I used your automatic script installer softto....what ever to install WordPress a little while ago.
But now I can't update the installation to WordPress 4.1.... Why not?
When I hit the button to update from within the WP-admin area it redirects me very very slow to the homepage of my blog.

WHY??? :crazy:

GigaGreg

Staff member
Could be, you never know. That would be strange if the plugin stop the wordpress from auto update. Maybe you should see if it does that?

Genesis

Administrator
Sander k said:
Hi guys,

I used your automatic script installer softto....what ever to install WordPress a little while ago.
But now I can't update the installation to WordPress 4.1.... Why not?
When I hit the button to update from within the WP-admin area it redirects me very very slow to the homepage of my blog.

WHY??? :crazy:
I've just done a fresh installation of Wordpress with Softaculous and it loads with an up to date version of WordPress 4.1. So an upgrade was not needed.

Not sure what happened. Could be the layout of that page (see below) looks as though you have to update it, but it is already updated if you read the wording. Maybe you hit the reinstall?

Capture.png

I gave WordPress with our cPanel Softaculous a really solid workout, and it's plain sailing. And fast as well (my broadband speed is not the top of the range).

rockforlife

the wordpress auto update didn't work. And this was the only place out of all the hosts that i have my or client sites hosted on. No biggie. I just did it manually.

Genesis

Administrator
That's weird. Probably goes without saying that you selected the option for auto update when you installed the script?

ogah

my wordpress in other hosting provider also can not be updated automatically and can not be updated manually from the dashboard.
the page say failed to write in the temprorary folder with the reason folder permission.
I've tried chmod 777 my temporary folder and the problem still not solved

Genesis

Administrator
Strange that it works with some and not with others. Wonder whether there is something conflicting in the coding or plugins?