upgrading to paid hosting

mowattc

Hi there, I tried looking around and couldn't find an answer-- and also emailed support the other day but havent heard back. I am looking up upgrade from free to a paid hosting account and had a question about that...

it says unlimited domains-- does that mean, that if i do work for business clients, i could host all their various domains on my account, so that i have easy access to get in and make changes as necessary?

I'd like to be able to setup new websites for my clients.. they don't have to have a different cpanel, so long as i can create a separate, assigned database for them (i.e. for setting up wordpress or something)--- correct?

Thanks!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
You can have as many domains as you have space for mowattc and there is plenty of space. And you can manage as many domains as you can fit into your space from your own paid account.

I would do it with add-on domains. In other words you get your main hosting account as "x" and then "add on" all of the Websites you are going to work on as "add-on domains". It would be something like this:

mowatcc.com

Add on domains:
companyone.com
companytwo.com
companythree.com
etc

You could create a Website out of mowatcc.com, and it would be independent of all of the add on domains. Maybe you could make a WordPress blog out of mowatcc.com for marketing your products or a portfolio of your work. The Websites you create would be independent from that as add-on domains.

mowattc

Genesis said:
You can have as many domains as you have space for mowattc and there is plenty of space. And you can manage as many domains as you can fit into your space from your own paid account.

I would do it with add-on domains. In other words you get your main hosting account as "x" and then "add on" all of the Websites you are going to work on as "add-on domains". It would be something like this:

mowatcc.com

Add on domains:
companyone.com
companytwo.com
companythree.com
etc

You could create a Website out of mowatcc.com, and it would be independent of all of the add on domains. Maybe you could make a WordPress blog out of mowatcc.com for marketing your products or a portfolio of your work. The Websites you create would be independent from that as add-on domains.

Killer, exactly what I was planning/hoping to do!
Cheers

smalpierre

Might want to think about a reseller plan. Then you get WMH, and all your accounts get their own cPanel, and it's branded. I think you also get private dns - probably just an alias, but whatever - it has your domain.

mowattc

smalpierre said:
Might want to think about a reseller plan. Then you get WMH, and all your accounts get their own cPanel, and it's branded. I think you also get private dns - probably just an alias, but whatever - it has your domain.

Thanks for the tip.. I'll look into that.