Websites to get free images

SeductiveWalrus

This is very handy. Thanks. I usually find what I want on google images, visit the source, and look at the licensing on the photo until I find something that is under something like Creative Commons. All of these greatly ease that process though.

rrroberts

SpaceShuttle.gif
SoyuzRocket.gif

perfumesmujeres

Someone use google images for commercial use? I don't know if i can trust the results from google. Or maybe some day some organization will come to complain to me

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
perfumesmujeres said:
Someone use google images for commercial use? I don't know if i can trust the results from google. Or maybe some day some organization will come to complain to me

I don't trust anything about Google. It's probably just blind mistrust as they are one of the biggest corporations after all. But when I see or hear the name Google, there is definitely not enthusiasm on my side. :p

frischid

Pixabay.com is the way to go because all pictures are licensed under creative commons, so you are even allowed to edit the images (in some cases, read license details for sure ). On pixabay you can also find some icons but for icons i would recommend fontAwesome which you can easily include into your HTML code

amsamglobal

For portrait pictures for say characters in a board game, I have been known to get hold of two pictures I like, both facing forward, not necessarily both human... and use a free face morphing website to create a new one out of them. You might have to play about a bit with the eye and nose points to get something in focus that looks like one image, but some of the results are stunning. Of the three I chose, I only had to clean up two in MS Paint. And you've got a better graphic editor than that, right?

If you have time to spare, you could also merge your face with a lion cub or Terminator or whoever you fancy and see what comes out!

tonimarak

You can use Google advanced search to find public domain images.
Simply go to advanced tab, set it to "no copyright" (or whatever it's written there, you should understand it once you see the advanced tab).
You get set resolution as well.
That's the preferable place for me to find free photos.

daya143

Really nice collections, thanks.
But one question, if i use a credit page on my site and i give credit to the author or site source, it become legal or not? (example for freepik.com).

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
daya143 said:
Really nice collections, thanks.
But one question, if i use a credit page on my site and i give credit to the author or site source, it become legal or not? (example for freepik.com).

It is obviously better than nothing, however common sense courtesy and for some the rule is if you use something from another site that way you should ask permission from the site first.

Whether it is legal will depend on the terms and conditions of using the Website. it usually appears somewhere on that Website in the fine print. It will also depend on the laws of that country as to copyright law. If you live in Europe there are also GDPR laws to consider:
https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/america-versus-europe-privacy/

Far the easiest would be to write to the owner of that Website.