Weird Issues After I uploaded my website and DB

windwalker

UserName: wolfgard
Domain: wolfgardens.gi9.co
wolfgardens.org

I managed to upload and install the joomla backup, and import the database. The database migration looked fine, users were in place and all datat appeard to be there.
The name servers were set to NameServer1: ns1.gigadnsserver.com
| NameServer2: ns2.gigadnsserver.com

Once the name servers were active and the site should have been live, something really crazy happened.
I could no longer access any gigarocket.net page.. Not the forum not anywhere.
On any browser.
I am not sure how or why.
I scanned my uploaded files for every known virus to humanoids..I found nothing.

I placed the joomla installation in the home directory originally..Thinking it should probably be there on here too I did the same thing.

I am at a loss..I did manage to find a way to get back here and try ti fix what is wrong, but I am not sure what the problem actually is.

the joomla installation that I imported is located at http://wolfgardens.gi9.co/home/index.php/en/ and I get this string or errors.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message ' SQL=SELECT id, home, template, s.params FROM jos_template_styles as s LEFT JOIN jos_extensions as e ON e.element=s.template AND e.type='template' AND e.client_id=s.client_id WHERE s.client_id = 0 AND e.enabled = 1' in /home/wolfgard/public_html/home/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysql.php:337 Stack trace: #0 /home/wolfgard/public_html/home/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1281): JDatabaseDriverMysql->execute() #1 /home/wolfgard/public_html/home/libraries/cms/application/site.php(455): JDatabaseDriver->loadObjectList('id') #2 /home/wolfgard/public_html/home/libraries/legacy/error/error.php(778): JApplicationSite->getTemplate() #3 /home/wolfgard/public_html/home/plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php(121): JError::customErrorPage(Object(RuntimeException)) #4 [internal function]: PlgSystemRedirect::handleError(Object(RuntimeException)) #5 {main} thrown in /home/wolfgard/public_html/home/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysql.php on line 337

I placed a fresh joomla install in the root of wolfgardens.org to see how that worked and it is fine.
If I could just save this or even get the data transferred to the new install that would be wonderfull.
It appears to be a Database error, I am just not sure what it is.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

With Respect,

Jim

windwalker

I am totally lost as to why I lost the ability to even load gigarank pages including the forum on firefoc, thunderbird or chrome.
Thunderbird even stopped downloading the mail. It is like I blocked the ip's or something but none could be found on my end.

I hd to run Onion to get in.

Sander k said:
Before you made a back-up did you disable all plugins?

No I didn't...LOL And I should have, but the problem is, I could no longer load the site on that server. Front end or back-end. That is why I moved it.

Sander k

Oh, its an application I use to test new websites/scripts offline, its free.

You could install your site on it without permission errors and then disable all plugins before you make a new back-up.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Have you replaced your mysql details to new one? Or did you just made as old one? Remember that db host is localhost.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Can you reach cpanel? If so we can rule out a firewall block. You can install Joomla via Softaculous.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

windwalker

iGdesigner said:
Have you replaced your mysql details to new one? Or did you just made as old one? Remember that db host is localhost.

Yes, I created a new database with the same name as the old one and made all the same details in the db as on the server.

I even tried a fresh instal of joomla in the root directory and connected it with the DB from the backup.

There seems to be an error in the DB. Which my guess was the original problem the other server was having with all the DB's not working right.

The migration changed encoding from utf8
to utf8_general_ci which probably would have not been problem done within MyPhpAdmin..But since it was done global, I am not sure that it did not cause some kind of error in the encoding .

I am going to try using the program Sander suggested and see if I can turn off all the plugins. Not being able to shut them down created lot of tables that were not needed. and a lot of issues can come from that too.

I still have access to the old cpanel on the other server. So I can still do DB backups. and joomla backups from there.
So I may try to do a backup from an earlier backup from that site to see if it will help.

LOL I will probably spend weeks trying to keep from spending months to rebuild the site again..HAHA but weeks is still better than mnths.

DJB said:
Can you reach cpanel? If so we can rule out a firewall block. You can install Joomla via Softaculous.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Yes I am into all of it now, but only through onion. No firewall block on my end. It is almost like I was blocked from gigarank side.
But it would have had to be an IP block.
Unless my errors triggered an automatic IP ban I don't know what could have happened. That is highly possible. Some of the errors that were being transmitted may have been from the old server and it may have appeared as an attack, which may have triggered and automatic IP ban by server software.

Thanks,

Jim

windwalker

iGdesigner said:

Yes, I created a database with the same name and imported all the info into that database.

windwalker

I am still having the same issues.
I also still can not reach any gigarocket.net pages except through TOR browser.

It is almost like my IP has been banned or something.
My wife who shares my connection, can not reach it either.

Is there a Staff member that can help me with this please.

I have never experienced this issue before.

Thanks,

Jim

I thought I should mention that I can not download mail through Thunderbird, though I can go to webmail if I use the TOR browser.

Thanks,

Jim

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about the problem Windwalker. I'll see whether I can raise the Technical Admin, as he and the owner are the only ones who can check it out at this level. You'll have to be patient with us as we're in a different time zone than you are.

windwalker

No problem Genesis. It has been down for weeks before I came over here. I t is kind of like I am bringing someone else s problems here and a really hate to even ask for help with this issue, So, I surely won't be impatient over different time zone.LOL

I like being here and I really want to stay.

Thanks,

Jim

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, I have checked the recent IP`s one of them was blocked, (37.***.***.38)

Reason; to many failed login attempts.

Date: Sun May 11 07:58:54 2014 (GMT)

Please try again and let me know.

windwalker

jaran said:
What joomla version do you have?
Hey jaran,
Not sure how I missed your question, didn't mean to ignore you.
I am using 3.3

At least for now. But if I have to rebuild this site, It probably will not be with Joomla and certainly not with WP after all the bad experiences I had with WP.

Thanks,

Jim

Genesis said:
@Windwalker. Thought you would find the following article interesting about Joomla peculiarities with log in and passwords.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=304507

Yeah I had to do that before when my site got hacked.
I checked all of that to make sure it had imported correctly.
But the problem is, I could never get even the login page to display.

I finally deleted the original install today and created a new database with the new install. I then imported the old database into the new install.

Pretty much nothing but users imported though.
I can ta lest acces the site now, but only through TOR browser still which tends to make me think that it is a blocked issues somewhere since Firefox, Seamonkey or even chrome will access the site.

Thanks,

Jim

jaran

I sugest If you have good experience with joomla and php, just improve it. You only need more knowledge about MySQL security to prevent from hijacking. Dont make your site staying on default page for along time. It will make google anoying with you.