Weird Problem with an Iphone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Hello Guys!

I dont know if thats the right category for my topic, but I am going to start my speech.

I have an iPhone 4, and I dont know why, but my front camera isnt working at all, it bugs me, because I cant facetime to people. The phone has been dropped plenty of times but there are no signs of any suspicious damages being taken on it.

Anyone have an idea or the soution for this?

Regards,
Greg

Sander k

Did you try to reset your phone?

It also might work to flip the camera from back to front a couple of times.

GigaGreg

Staff member
It has been reseted, restored so many times, but when i flip the camera it crashes and goes into the screen with closed camera. It doesnt really matters, but I would want to use it for the features such as the SnapChat :)

Sander k

Did you reset your IPhone 4 way back, or did you use a backup?

You might want to try this:

Code:
Close down the camera app and get back to the home screen. Cover up the front camera with your thumb, then open the camera app again. My shutter would not open until I did this and has been working ever since.

Source: modmyi.com

GigaGreg

Staff member
I have used few times a backup then like 2 times full restore without backing up to see if it would work or not. I tried to research the solution in google or on apple sites but no results shown.

Sander k said:

Code:
Close down the camera app and get back to the home screen. Cover up the front camera with your thumb, then open the camera app again. My shutter would not open until I did this and has been working ever since.

When I do that, then the camera app freezing and won't let me to do anything untill i restart my phone. So I don't know, I might just leave it.

lestaria

igdesigner said:
I have used few times a backup then like 2 times full restore without backing up to see if it would work or not. I tried to research the solution in google or on apple sites but no results shown.

Sander k said:

Code:

When I do that, then the camera app freezing and won't let me to do anything untill i restart my phone. So I don't know, I might just leave it.

If it really matters to you, then you should look into getting it fixed. Maybe someone you know can fix it for free or low cost. I know if you take it to the Apple store they'll charge an arm and a leg just to look at it. So it might be best to leave it alone until you have money to afford a new one or to get it fixed by Apple themselves.

tim5

what IOS version is it? have you upgrade the IOS yet? may it's time to change to iPhone 6, hehe:p

darkenedskies

Yeah. I think you'll have to break down and get another phone, because the repair will probably cost as much, if not more than the phone itself. By doing so, you will take care of the problem by starting new.

Status
Not open for further replies.