What a relief!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know whether any one can relate. I've got a work assignment that came my way out of the blue two days ago, and had to download some stuff and thought to do it at the Internet Cafe as I needed to print the documents as well. So downloaded it to my flash disk. I NEVER forget flash disks. But got distracted. Then went out to do a number of things, for about two hours or more, and then when I got back to the hotel, just as I got into my room it hit me like a bolt of lightning. I forgot my flash disk. Darn! Horrors! Only fortunate thing about it is that I carry two flash disks, and this one was the one with skeleton stuff on it only, the other one has work files on it. BUT my work assignment and the files I copied to the flash disk this morning contained personal information. Needless to say, I was running back to the Internet Cafe and covered the six kilometers in record time. Went straight to my station, and it was still there! One thing that could have helped is that it is black and the CPU is black too, it sort of blended right in, I had to look to see it. Anyway, panic over. Now I can relax again.

:fool:

PeaceSigns

I'd recommend them all honestly, gDrive (google drive) gives you about 10gb I think, but you have to upload all the files manually. If you're concerned about the privacy of your files (e.g., PRISM/big data), you might want to avoid this one since it's run by Google.

Dropbox (Dropbox.com) is another good one that gives 5gb and Justcloud (1gb) are useful since they come with software that can automatically track changes to a folder (new files, new version of a file) and synchronize them to a cloud server.

There's also a few others like sugar sync and mozy - I've used both, but there were a little slow.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for those recommendations Peace. Justcloud sounds interesting to me as I could benefit with synchronizing my files.

whsecurity

I think mega.co.nz is good. 50 gb and they claim that no one( including them ) can access your files (They don't keep the decryption key :undecided: ) . It is the old megaupload I think...