What are your favourite Mozilla Firefox add-ins?

J

Justin

I just discovered a new add-in today. It was there all along of course, but Filezilla seems to be broadcasted as the ftp software of choice so have missed it. Must say I like it. Very easy to install.

FireFTP

I also use a few add-ons for downloading YouTube shows and changing music to MP3. However am now curious to know what other add-ins I could have missed so am looking forward to hearing whether you have any to recommend.

Currently most used:

1. Save-to-read - very handy when skimming information I want to go back to later.
2. Download YouTube Videos as MP4 - this one is working pretty well now, I've tried several of these and it seems they stop working from time to time and I have to switch to a different one. I like the way this one adds the download option to the the YouTube interface right on the page under the video.
3. Free Memory - currently trying it out to see if it helps those times when Firefox gets overwhelmed. It seems to work but the jury is still out.
4. Web Developer - more handy features than I know what to do with.

Based on history, six months or a year from now, this list could be completely different.

cswrobert

In China it would take long time to open if the web pages involve Google, twitter, facebook and Youtube. Therefore myfavourite add-ins is DISCOMMECT.

Peter

My favorite is NoScript. Having scripts turned off by default is good because it doesn't slow down so easily and many scripts are useless for me as a user especially statistics and ad scripts.

I also prefer the Download Statusbar over the default download window but it's not hugely important and I haven't bothered installing it on my current installation of Firefox.

I also like the oldbar plugin to get a more traditional look of the address bar.

georamesh

The Fox, Only Better
Youtube High Definition
Classic Theme Restorer
Theme font & Size Changer
Yahoo Mail Hide Ad Panel
TableTools2
Download Statusbar
Pearltrees
Open with Photoshop
Fastest Search

kinngjatt

Best Proxy Addon: Zenmate
HHTP Request Handler: Tamper Data
For Cookies: Cookies Manager+
For Inspect Element: Firebug
For Ad blocking: Ad Block+

Yozora

Hmm...
Firebug & Web Developer Toolbar for web development
Adblock Edge for ad blocking
Rikaisama for Japanese dictionary definitions
Classic Theme Restorer for those who prefer older Firefox themes.