What do you use for playing games - a PC or a console?

What do you game with - PC, mobile device or console?

• Total voters

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Was just wondering what the preferences are for gaming between a PC or using a console? Just read a really great blog article at another forum about someone who was particularly into using a PC for gaming:

Gaming should be in a context that you enjoy, whether it's a machine that is strictly for gaming or on a piece of wood that could be used for all kinds of other things. If it's fun to game with, it's an appropriate for gaming.

I do most of my video gaming on PC, though I have a PS3, WiiU and some older consoles. I've always found PC keyboard/mouse interfacing better than consoles, and, quite often the gaming performance is better (whether it's graphics or actual game play). That said, there are certain types of games that consoles are better for playing, like racing sims (imo). I can't see myself shelling out the cash for a current generation console system; they're just not worth the cash when I can just upgrade my computers to play better games, AND have something to cover all my computing needs at the same time.

That said, the best games don't use screens or electronics at all. Pen and paper RPGs and board games are the superior medium!
Source: http://www.frihost.com/users/JensDuck/blog/vp-161615.html

jaran

PC games give more wide experience than console on graphical interface but lack of game updates. Not like on PC, console always update their game so many times. You should choose console if you dont be bothered with this.

Yozora

Not sure if this will fit with the thread topic, but I saw mobile devices on the poll, so it might.
I use my phone. :) I'm not a big gamer, but my phone's always with me, so it's convenient. Phones have probably turned a lot of people on to gaming who don't buy gaming-only devices, so it's good in one sense. Games on gaming-only devices might be better though.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
That is definitely a great point Yozora. If I may ask, what phone are you using?

Visual3volution

I play some games on the Mac on steam (the ones that are compatible w/ Macs that is) and then I play other games on my PlayStation 4. I don't prefer one over the other considering the fact that I use both relatively for the same amounts of time. Whichever is available at the time is my choosing, rather.

coffeekatt

For most games I prefer PC as my gaming devices because of steam and the I prefer a keyboard and mouse better than most controllers. Although fighting games like soul calibur and tekken is much easier to play on xbox/ps3

WackyPeanut

PC is always with me but i use PS2 and Android LollyPop on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with 16 GB, Android KitKat on a Utok 900Q with 8 GB and Android Floyd on a Utok 700Q with 4 GB. I own three tablets...

neofini

You can buy a contoller for PC as well. I have an XBOX but most of the times i play on PC. i prefer the keyboard and the mouse:mega_shock:

swiftlyfix

I would say a hybrid of pc and console. Though the latter feels more social orientated, whilst the former is for the hard core

Vakarian17

I grew up on consoles, and built my first PC in college. Since then, I've lived on the dreaded middle ground in this discussion: I USE A GAMING CONTROLLER WITH MOST OF MY PC GAMES! Still have no idea why that makes some people so mad. I like the feeling of the controller in my hands, even if it means I'm not as accurate in FPS. I still consistently have positive K/D spreads, so it works for me.

Tytoowns

I like to play video games on a PC for many reasons, the important ones for me are:
  • you can get the best possible graphics
  • you can be very accurate with the controls
  • you can use a controller if you want

Barnum4000

I play quite a lot of PC but I also play on my Wii U because of the exclusive games it has.l am currently into a game called Splatoon which is a Wii U exclusive. It's also different from all of those typical shooter games like cod and battlefield.

riddict

I don't have gaming console, so I use PC for gaming. And sometime I use my smartphone for lite gaming.

tornado

I game on my Laptop and occassionally on my mobile. Used to heavily game on PS3 and PSP until they managed to get wrecked/aged beyond a limit. Then transitioned to mobiles but not my aging Nexus 4 can't run most heavy games so I game on my Laptop.