What's the big deal about Minecraft?

J

Justin

OK, i find Minecraft ingenious and good to begin with. still, i dont see much of a point in the game, is it just building building and building or i'm missing something?

Maximus

Get some friends together, a decent server, and then you will see the point of it.

It's not a serious game by any means, but its fun once you get into it.

cnxadi

I never played it , but my little brother does ..
maybe because it will be fun if you play with your friends .. it is not meant to be a single player game ..
and also the idea of creativity in building .. that's why many play it .. though i prefer other types of games :p

PeaceSigns

I played the demo on my xbox and spent 2 hours in the time restricted game cutting wood and trying to build a shack. It's really addictive and the music is soothing - worth playing if you've never tried it and it's free for Chrome/Android.

gillanfrances

Minecraft is awesome despite the graphics. It's very fun especially when you play with friends. I play on PC and I've spent hours after hours on this game and it doesn't get old, that is if you're working on a project.

rosareven

Minecraft, along with other block-based sandbox building games like Terraria, originated their ideas from Dwarf Fortress, a block-based sandbox strategy game in ASCII. DWarf Fortress has a really steep learning curve however, and Notch the creator of Minecraft took an inspiration from Dwarf Fortress to make a game he wants to play. This game which was originally for himself turned out to be a widely welcomed favourite.

Freedom of creativity and sandbox game play are the staples that attracted so many Minecraft players. While the gameplay of Minecraft does not mean that this is how games are supposed to be, Minecraft marks the current trend of gaming preference all over the world - multiplayer environment that allows you and your friends to do whatever you want. There were certainly not many games in the past so sandbox-y like Minecraft that can be played collaboratively at the same time.

jwar64

Yea, I got bored of it after a couple hrs. I don't understand how people can get so addicted to it.

pokemonex222

I think minecraft is very fun. But, a lot of people say it has horrible graphics, But its still a lot of fun to play hunger games and creative.

GigaGreg

Staff member
If u play with shaders and such then graphics are good. It has a lot of things that includes science, electronic,etc. It is really fun if u know what u are doing.

ARnonym123

I think it depends on YOU If you like games where you can build your City, you can do it in Minecraft.If you like to "fight" against other People, then do it on Multiplayer Servers. If you don't like in the old "DOS Style" it is not a Game for you. But there are also many Modifications which improve Minecraft such as Shaders Mod.

noteness

Whats the fun in minecraft anyway?
You just build and build, attack your friends, no objectives and anything.
I don't like sandbox games though, but its just me, xD

Barnum4000

noteness said:

A lot of children find building and attacking friends endless fun because there are no restrictions to the game. When I play I will give myself an objective in order for me to get the most fun and to really get in depth with redstone and stuff. Probably why minecraft is so popular in kids and adults.

But if you don't like building stuff and like a game that has that all prepared with a well planned out story to play then fair enough it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Tytoowns

noteness said:

the fun in the game is found in a few ways. one way is by exploring as there's many things that you can find, for example you can find underground dungeons, abandoned mind shafts,and a stronghold where you can access another dimension called "The End".
Another way fun can be found is by having the possibility to build what ever you want from a house in the sky, to a secret underground base.
Another is by playing custom maps with friends where you do have objectives to complete
And there's still more fun things that can be done such as modding.

But it depends on the person that is playing it and what they enjoy.

GigaGreg

Staff member
noteness said:

It really depends on what exactly you want to do. If you play in boring minecraft, add mods into it, add textures, add shaders, then have fun.

The most fun from minecraft is from mods where you can do a lot of things.

Minecraft improves your creativity and in science is used for learning.

narcislb

In Minecraft you can build your own world.There are tons of mods on the internet,and if you have a decent graphic card you can enjoy the graphics at max.I recommend it.