What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is whiskey, soda, lots of ice and good company.

What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Sander k

Amstel-Radler.jpg

Amstel Radler, beer with lemon and just 2% alcohol.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Beer with lemon? Will try that out next time I'm in that area. Maybe Schiphol Airport? Difficult to imagine what it will taste like.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Ghostme said:
I prefer shots of Vodka (any kind will do) with some chocolate bars.
I've got to try this. I'd imagine the Vodka should be kept in the freezer?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
wifitoplist said:
I dnt prefer Alchol, its bad for health...
And your evidence for that is?

Data have come in from all over the world. Studies have focused on both men and women, various age groups, and people of many ethnic groups. The conclusion remains the same: those who drink moderately live longer and have less risk of developing heart disease than those who abstain from alcohol. Published papers now total in the many hundreds.
Source: http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/HealthIssues/1074864884.html

Also read this article - it has a very long list of references to scientific papers on the subject:
http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholAndHealth.html

Moderate drinkers tend to have better health and live longer than those who are either abstainers or heavy drinkers. In addition to having fewer heart attacks and strokes, moderate consumers of alcoholic beverages (beer, wine and distilled spirits or liquor) are generally less likely to suffer strokes, diabetes, arthritis, enlarged prostate, dementia (including Alzheimer's disease), and several major cancers.

wrcloebfan

Well I'm not a regular drinker but on really rare occasions I take vodka with any fizzy lemon drink or Breezer which is again only 2 % alcohol :smile:

CSense

Any decent -- german or craft -- beer or ale...big fan of IPAs of late...

...and/or Jack Daniels, straight...