WHM & Cpanel Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

un4saken

Administrator
Hello,

We have upgraded cPanel version to 11.54. You can find details below.

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/54+Release+Notes
https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/54+Change+Log

And it's time to say goodbye to X3 theme.

In 11.54...
Non-emergency and non-security related maintenance for X3 will wind down. cPanel's development and release teams will retarget all upcoming development to Paper Lantern only.
As a result of updating from any previous version of cPanel & WHM to 11.54, pre-existing accounts and packages/plans which are found to still be using X3 will be updated to use Paper Lantern with the Retro style applied. There are a couple of important exceptions to this rule:
Accounts using third-party themes like RVSkins, CleanPanel, or CPSkins will not be migrated to Paper Lantern.
Accounts using a forked copy of X3 (a folder within /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend) will not be migrated to Paper Lantern.
Accounts using a customized brand of X3 will not be affected. If you have created a branding package for X3, your accounts will not be migrated.
Accounts which are using one of the default styles like "Black Ice", "Blue Lagoon" or "Mobile" shipped with X3 WILL be migrated to Paper Lantern with the Retro Style applied.
cPanel and WHM's public documentation for 11.54 will assume the Paper Lantern interface. Public documentation for previous versions of cPanel & WHM will be unaffected.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
That's awesome, thanks un4. :good:

Also thanks for allowing those who already have x3 to keep it. cPanel has made lots of progress, but the Paper Lantern theme is regrettably not one of them. The icons are much too big, too bright and stab me right in the eye, enough to be distracting. So hope we can hold on to x3 long enough until cPanel has designed a new panel theme that is more minimalist in design.

Snowflake

I really like the Paper Lantern theme. It's much more modern and colorful. I like things with lots of color. It's just going to take some time to get used to where things are located.

Genesis said:
That's awesome, thanks @un4saken :good:

Also thanks for allowing those who already have x3 to keep it. cPanel has made lots of progress, but the Paper Lantern theme is regrettably not one of them. The icons are much too big, too bright and stab me right in the eye, enough to be distracting. So hope we can hold on to x3 long enough until cPanel has designed a new panel theme that is more minimalist in design.

Paper Lantern is designed to the younger users that don't know any better. If X3 finally dies, then I will be giving up any account that changes to Paper Lantern unless someone makes a new theme

Peter

I often check out the latest visitors stats but I noticed the new theme don't have a link to the legacy version but I'm happy I could just to change back to the x3 theme. The legacy version is almost like a different tool because it groups by IP and don't show duplicates.

hitterman

Just noticed a bug. In the latern theme, the "Save" button doesn't works when you are changing PHP modules/settings etc. We first need to switch to x3 theme to make it work :)

un4saken

Administrator
It doesn't work for me too. I'll send a ticket to cPanel about this bug.

update: it's fixed now. The issue looks to be missing minified versions of the javascript files in the /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/cloudlinux directory with this version of CloudLinux.

Status
Not open for further replies.