WHMCS license

cobaltsean99

I recently started my own family owned business a few months back. We started using a great system. They got way too pricey for us, so we switched. The system we switched to is a very, very bad system, very slow, doesn't have the features we need, etc. We do not get a lot of customer because of this current system. (About 1 sale every 3 months). We agreed on going back to the other system, only to find that they discontinued it. We started looking around, and noticed most businesses now are using a system called WHMCS. We are also recommended to this system for a long time. We looked at it, played around with the demo for 14 days (that's our trial period for everything we try out), and so we wanted to use it. When we looked at the pricing, we wanted to get an owned license, branded or not. We cannot afford either of those system, and as we discussed it, we are NOT getting a monthly license, aka, a leased license. I know many people love this system, and my business is in dire need of a new system. But, is there anyone, and I mean anyone, who can help us out. Maybe, if they aren't using a license, they can give it to us? Our business is much better with a good system, our sales go sky high, and we do much better. Please, we are in dire need of getting a license for a great system.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
WHMCS is expensive. I let my leased license expire recently as I could not justify the cost.

As for a billing script, it is the best php script out there. We use it at work. What about giving oscommerse a try with paypal. That would be free (except paypal charges)

cobaltsean99

Yes, WHMCS is expensive.

As we have already talked about it, we will not switch to something that is free right now, because of the vulnerability. We tried osCommerce, but it didn't have the features and things we needed, and we also searched for free or cheap alternatives to WHMCS, and everyone said there wasn't any good ones. WHMCS has EVERY feature we need, in one system.

If anyone knows anyone who has a (owned) license, and isn't using it, or is willing to give it away, please let me know. Thank You VERY MUCH!

whsecurity

What about joomla installation with jpayplans etc?

I'm not familiar with whmcs but if I'm correct jpayplans is a good alternative (with a quick look) and there is a lot of tools to bring everything in order.

:pardon:

PeaceSigns

If you need an ecommerce system, there's a ton that are available for free like WP-commerce for wordpress which integrates with payment systes like IPN so that you can take credit cards and what not.

It's highly unlikely that anyone will just giveaway a WHMCS license for free, it's way too expensive.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I wish someone would give me a owned WHMCS license. I'm sorry to say buddy but I highly doubt that anyone would give away a free owned WHMCS license.

hasadz

WHMC is a website hositing solution, first we have to get the license from their own site and then by putting that license no. in softalacoules installer we can own a webhosting site.

AntonM

WHMCS is expensive but i used it all the time when i was running my Hosting Business, its cheaper if you use LicencePal as i have noticed.. :)

cobaltsean99

Sander k said:
What hosting business?

Thanks for asking! Though our hosting business isn't a large hosting business, it is a family owned company, as I said, and doesn't sell to the world. We only sell to our local customers and companies.

cjuday

brothers, isn't any way to renew the license for free? I also got the same prob, License expired. However, I was able buy licence for 3 months but now i am damned again.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt there is. If you can't afford it perhaps you could think of the alternatives to whmcs that have been mentioned during the discussion.

cjuday

@Genesis bro there is a good solution I just remembered! WHMCS offered everyone free My Host and Your Host script. Would that could be a great choice to use?