Who did it?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Was quite shocked by the brutality of the assassination in Paris yesterday. I guess every one is wondering who did it? I wonder what kind of lies we're going to hear though. As I still am not happy with the answers we received about September 11 2001. In New York. The hijackings had been so carefully orchestrated and timed, like military precision suggesting a very highly organized and well sponsored set up. Ditto the one in Paris. Except this time round the guys didn't plan on suicide, they had an escape plan. I genuinely don't think it is an Al Qaeida or any of the latest terrorist gangs, although they're probably happy with the outcome. Will be interesting to hear who did it, but just have the feeling all over again, we're never going to get the truth.

jaran

Only a vicious killer who could do it. On the basis of any such actions can not be justified at all by any religion. God is merciful. Praying for a return to the right path better than killing people just to add to our sins.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Terrorists/Muslims done that. I have read in the news this morning that people threw some granates in the mosques in France.

fyzz08

Fighting hate with hate it's not the best idea and won't put a stop to the terrorists. Killing them all just to fix the problem thinking that no more Muslims - no more terrorists is a stupid idea as not every Muslim is a terrorist. If that was true we would have had shootings and killings every day.
These terrorists are not human. Religions which tells you that in order to go to heaven you have to kill people of other religions are insane. It's even worst than the witch hunting done by the Catholics in the past.

fyzz08

sorry for doublepost

new info - i saw the movie of the "shootout" on youtube - which is utterly fake - you can find it by searching "[RAW] Terrorists shoot officer in Paris during te"
it's too well done - no blood when you shoot with a Kalashnikov someone in the head - that can happen only in your dreams, and where is the officer's pistol and the blood stains from the 1st shots - and why after the terrorists leave the camera follows the car and doesn't show the whole street with the shot officer

rrroberts

I can understand Genesis opinion regarding questionable Al Qaeida origins of gunmen, especially since gunmen made an explicit point of identifying themselves as Al Qaeida (just seems too obvious). I believe I read an article stating that the gunmen spoke unaccented French, suggesting a local origin. However, need to be careful about forming and latching onto a theory. Did these gunmen grow up in France as children of Muslim immigrants? And then serve in a military unit? Or were they mercenaries? If so, who hired them?

As a side note, the Taliban had been fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan back in the 80s, driving them out (think about it - hill people driving out the military of a then-major power). I would not be surprised if they passed on their knowledge and tactics to Al Qaeida (nuts, there was probably a lot of overlap between Al Qaeida and the Taliban), who continued to fine-tune these tactics. This COULD explain the precision (notice I did not say 'DOES explain the precision').

I heard so many 09/11 conspiracy theories I do not believe any of them (and I suspect U.S. government is hiding a lot of details, using it an opportunity for increase surveillance via the Patriot Act). One of the more outrageous was a conspiracy by Jewish Bankers to draw USA deeper into the mid-East conflicts as a pro-Isreal ally.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
rrroberts said:
I can understand Genesis opinion regarding questionable Al Qaeida origins of gunmen, especially since gunmen made an explicit point of identifying themselves as Al Qaeida (just seems too obvious).
I thought it was also too obvious. On the other hand just been thinking that it could be reverse psychology too. Maybe ISIS is into huge funds and hired local Arabs as assassins. They've stepped up from suicide zealots to assassins with a mission. I guess there are a million and one possibilities.

rrroberts

Genesis said:
rrroberts said:
I can understand Genesis opinion regarding questionable Al Qaeida origins of gunmen, especially since gunmen made an explicit point of identifying themselves as Al Qaeida (just seems too obvious).
I thought it was also too obvious. On the other hand just been thinking that it could be reverse psychology too. Maybe ISIS is into huge funds and hired local Arabs as assassins. They've stepped up from suicide zealots to assassins with a mission. I guess there are a million and one possibilities.

You are right, ISIS is another probability. I read somewhere that when ISIS takes over an area, they seize the oil wells and sell the oil on the black market. Plus it would shift attention to Al Qaeida for this act. If I remember correctly, Al Qaeida expelled ISIS, so ISIS would get 2 wins - payback on the French cartoonist who defiled The Prophet AND payback on Al Qaeida for the expulsion. Twisted buggers.

Got to go now, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

pan1

I dont follow the news cause I live on the other side of earth. But, please dont use "muslim or islam" as they are all fault. The one who always make a ruckus is the militan/organization/group of terrorist. As a muslim, I really angry too towards ISIS, Alqaeda and some of terrorist group like that.

jaran

pan1 said:
I dont follow the news cause I live on the other side of earth. But, please dont use "muslim or islam" as they are all fault. The one who always make a ruckus is the militan/organization/group of terrorist. As a muslim, I really angry too towards ISIS, Alqaeda and some of terrorist group like that.

I agree with you. Our country is the largest Muslim country in the world. We are better in addressing the differences that exist. The people here are very tolerant with other religions. But our country is also very wary of such radical movements ISIS and we really did not like it. A small part of society here too there are anti-Arab but not anti-Islamic. Recently, the United States and Australia issued travel advice for tourists who want to visit here.

fyzz08

And 2 days passed and they haven't got them... this looks like a big conspiracy.
Look what I found http://www.4thmedia.org/2014/12/terrified-france-warns-russia-of-obama-terror-spectacular/ . It's from 9th of December. Hollande warns Putin about an imminent US planned terrorist attack in France. The final scope might be to find a link between the terrorists and Russia in order to start a new war.

Major Russian TV network says US intelligence carried out the Charlie Hebdo attack - http://www.vox.com/2015/1/8/7514439/charlie-hebdo-russia-cia

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
fyzz08 said:
The final scope might be to find a link between the terrorists and Russia in order to start a new war.
Or this may also be playing smoke and mirrors to drive a wedge between France and Russia. At this stage a million possibilities.

rrroberts

fyzz08 said:
And 2 days passed and they haven't got them... this looks like a big conspiracy.
Look what I found http://www.4thmedia.org/2014/12/terrified-france-warns-russia-of-obama-terror-spectacular/ . It's from 9th of December. Hollande warns Putin about an imminent US planned terrorist attack in France. The final scope might be to find a link between the terrorists and Russia in order to start a new war.

Major Russian TV network says US intelligence carried out the Charlie Hebdo attack - http://www.vox.com/2015/1/8/7514439/charlie-hebdo-russia-cia

From 4th Media's About Us page.
"The 4th Media, is an independent media organization based in Beijing, China."

The People's Republic of China is not well-known for a free press. Also, the last time I heard, all of their major corporations are majority government owned (if anyone can correct me, please give source).

I can understand why some people would believe this after NSA email (and other cyber) monitoring of some U.S. citizens and allies.

I am still trying to figure out Vox Media.

pan1 said:

Please do not misunderstand.

Hopefully, most of us here are not implying that most Muslims are ISIS/Al Qaeida sympathetic. Unfortunately, human nature is what it is. As an example, some Jewish people (and their 1st generation children; I know one with a PhD in history who feels this way) who suffered under the Nazi regime still tend to associate Germans as somehow associated with those God-awful atrocities. In a way, history repeats itself.

GigaGreg

Staff member
You guys must have heard that Police killed two terrorists who where suspected for the murderer. Also apparently they were well known to the French Police.

Our brothers from Anonymous said that they will do something about it.

[video=youtube]

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
rrroberts said:
pan1 said:

Please do not misunderstand.

Hopefully, most of us here are not implying that most Muslims are ISIS/Al Qaeida sympathetic. Unfortunately, human nature is what it is. As an example, some Jewish people (and their 1st generation children; I know one with a PhD in history who feels this way) who suffered under the Nazi regime still tend to associate Germans as somehow associated with those God-awful atrocities. In a way, history repeats itself.
True. Violence of this kind is abhorrent to all of the Muslims I know. Here is a good article about how unacceptable violence is to Muslims. A statement by the Islamic Supreme Council of the US:
http://islamicsupremecouncil.org/un...misunderstood-concept-from-islam.html?start=9

I'm not so sure that that is what is relevant right now. What is worrisome is a new generation who have grown up in Western countries and mobilizing a terrorist force globally with plenty of resources on hand. That is new and different. And much much more difficult to deal with - the enemy who has grown within. It's going to add more difficulties for different communities to live in peace with one another in countries like France and Great Britain, also in Australia, where apparently many threats have been received by the militant groups. I also get a sense of the Governments of those countries preparing and training for dealing with this threat by military means.

I agree that the French police may have been preparing for a while for moments like these. To mobilize the French police in such large numbers says they must have been on standby and trained to act in situations like these for a while. Only part I'm surprised at is their inability to have provided the journalists with more efficient protection. Particularly if threats had been received. They may have slightly underestimated the militant group in France.

Must say it puts all journalists who are covering religious subjects directly in front of the firing line.

pan1

I have faith that there is always something like politic interest or economic interest behind the terrorist act. They are just puppet.
I just cannot see the truth about who is mastermind behind this chaotic situation.

I just heard that two attacker in Franc has been shot by local police.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
pan1 said:
I have faith that there is always something like politic interest or economic interest behind the terrorist act. They are just puppet.
I just cannot see the truth about who is mastermind behind this chaotic situation.
Totally agree with you Vongo. 150%! Particularly in this instance as well.

pan1 said:
I just heard that two attacker in Franc has been shot by local police.
Better go and check up on the news. Last I looked they were barricaded in. Wonder what happened with the hostages.

Checked and wow, the three assassins are dead, including four hostages at the supermarket in Paris and a further four hostages injured.

Just noticed this cartoon.

_80175510_21223373-7369-4841-9a80-be495664f0cb.jpg

fyzz08

Oh... it's "true" that everybody was shot. Easiest method to hide everything.
I think a real win against terrorism would have been catching them alive somehow. I bet it's not so impossible. Shooting someone in the leg or arm doesn't kill him and it surely immobilizes for some time.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking the same fyzz08. We'll never really know what happened. For real. Wonder whether they will find the girlfriend of the assassin from the supermarket.

jaran

Dont know why all the terrorist always getting way to recruite some people like this. As far I know there some terrorist as called jihadist are smart people and have a decent life.