Who is watching Vikings (TV)?

haimat

I think that's really a great TV show.
So I am surprised that most of my friends don't even know the show.

What do you guys think?

Ali_Ahmad

:friends: i am watching Vikings. Actually i have watched all three seasons already. :confused:.And i loved it Ragnar Lokbroth and floki are the guys i love most.Season 3 was the best of all three seasons i guess.
:cry: And season 4 is coming in 2016.

fancy

Yeah, love this. It's not as famous probably because of the timing of showing since it's the same time as Game of Thrones. Should have aired AFTER GoT.

Oh I really enjoy Vikings, Floki is my favoured character, he is so complex and more than a little mysterious, Ragnar is likeable in the first season but I have steadily gone off his character. I get that he's supposed to be this rough and ready Viking warrior King but I never find people who cheat and betray terribly likeable, but that's just me.

GigaBot

Administrator
That is one of my favorite TV shows in last decade. I am a real fun of Ragnar and Floki !!!

coffeekatt

I really enjoy the show. I think the character progression in the show is one of the things I love most about it. Especially Lagerthas and Rollos.

usmc0311stc

Personally, I think Vikings is one of the best shows put on television in a LONG time. It is a VERY accurate depition of their culture and a fairly accurate depiction of their history in general. The timing of events has be moved around to fit a good narrative.

Over all a very good show.

beancurry

I love the show but dont know how it can go on after the happening of the last season(not spoiling). I was supprissed to find out that Ragnar really existed, made sense then that it was a history channel show.

Gregoric

I really love Vikings. Unfortunately, I preferred the season 1 and 2, yet I cannot say "no" when new episodes are released although most of my favourite plots and characters are, well, finished :D

I really like the overall theme of norsemen travelling and kicking ass all around the Europe, I like how he series are being made visually, the climate is really harsh and immersive. Music is also a great thing, especially Wardruna tracks - I do like that band a lot, too.

Haven't really watched Game of Thrones at all, so I cannot really refer or compare the two. I think I wouldn't watch GoT, as I prefer series that are rather short (Band of Brothers) or with not so frequently released seasons (Black Mirror, and as here, Vikings). I just don't have too much time for TV series and here, with Vikings, the seasons come out with long breaks.

I would definetly recommend Vikings!

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed it's quite good. I watched its first episodes a couple of years ago, and then for some reason started missing episodes and then because I'd missed a big portion of the storyline stopped watching them. The ones I saw were quite good.