Who likes jam?

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Who likes jam? Marmalade? Or maybe other bread toppings like chocolate?

I'm particularly partial to apricot jam. I'm going through a phase at the moment of putting it in almost all of my food. Great in curries as well instead of chutney.

I'm also partial to marmalade - but it has to be really great quality marmalade. The UK makes the best marmalade. Lime and lemon marmalade can also be tasty in addition to orange marmalade.

When I was a kid I loved chocolate as well, particularly when I was visiting my grand parents (who are Dutch). We had chocolate sprinkles on our toast.

J

Justin

Hmmmm toppings. I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Must still be the kid in me. I don't have breakfast, so usually pack those for my mid-morning break. Strawberry jelly is my favourite. I also like fig jelly very much, particularly from California. My uncle grows avocados in California, and we get all kinds of fresh vegetables and fruits sent up to us in Seattle on a regular basis, so I've developed a huge liking for avo on sandwiches as well.

GigaGreg

Staff member
Jam, marmelade, nutella, penaut butter and others, ale amazing. I can eat any jam or marmelade, because all of them taste so nice, they are so good on pancakes as well as nutella. Just delicious :0. Sweet sandwitches are good if you don't have sweets or candys at home :)

Opal

lol .... I like this topic. I also like jam myself. I'm from bagel country in New York, and love my bagel in the morning with thick cream cheese and strawberry jelly. Or jam as you call it. Not too partial to marmalade, but then this is not marmalade country.

Pauline

I don't eat much jam, but do like coconut jam. It's quite popular in the Philippines. Also pineapple jam.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a normal jam. Looks also as though it's an accompaniment to main dishes rather than a bread topping. Sounds a bit gross though. LIke fermented jam. Haha ... :p

Pauline

I'm a lover a jam as well. Mango jam is my favourite. I use jam in almost all of my food dishes as well. Gives it a special taste.

I like jams and preserves - tart raspberry is probably my favorite right now, though my taste evolves as time goes on.

A lot of people around here like things like cactus (prickly pear) jelly and mango salsa. Generally not too crazy about that kind of stuff, though a friend did make some cranberry salsa for the holidays that turned out surprisingly well.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I tried cactus once when I was in Phoenix Arizona a few years ago. Agreed, not really up my street. I also like the sour taste. I remember when I was still living in Vancouver, BC I could get raspberry without the pips. That was really great.