Why Doesn't "Header Image" Load?

Anomie

New member
I'm doinking around with Arcade Basic, which is a very bare-bones starting point -- but upon installation the header background (either default or mine) doesn't load.

The images are listed and selectable, but the selection just doesn't show up even though the configuration says it's there and installed.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any pointers.
 

Tony1Faze

New member
Try using Firebug in Firefox.
Look at the code and see if it is loading but covered with another ? Could possibly be z-index issue.
Do you have a link so I can look and see what it is doing?
 

Anomie

New member
Tony1Faze said:
Try using Firebug in Firefox.
Look at the code and see if it is loading but covered with another ? Could possibly be z-index issue.
In FireBug, the graphic loads.

However, from the first second of the first activation of the stock theme, though, the graphic never loaded with the page.

My immediate suspicion was that the graphic was installed in what the theme thought was the wrong folder -- which is suddenly reminding me that the stock header image has never loaded in ANY theme I've messed with, I don't think. :unknown:

And yet the graphics show up perfectly fine in the WP Admin menus.
Do you have a link so I can look and see what it is doing?
Well, it's not doing much:

http://anomie.gi9.co/
 

lloydadams

New member
Maybe you could check the dimensions of the header image you're trying to load.

What's happened to me in other themes is, if the header image is too big for the (sometimes) allotted size of the image for the header space (not flexible header image code), then the image won't show.

You could try cropping the image and seeing what happens.
 

Anomie

New member
lloydadams said:
Maybe you could check the dimensions of the header image you're trying to load.

I did and tried additional experiments.

No dice.

In any case, the provided default graphics should work, and they don't.

Something else is going on...dunno what. :(
 

Anomie

New member
Ah! It FORCES Gravitar!

That's too bad. I didn't want Gravitar...but I guess I'm stuck with it.

Now I'll get to work making a real header.

Sorry to bother the group with a fake problem.
 

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
@Anomie. Best place to ask this question is in the Word Press support forum for the theme. Looks as though someone else has asked the question too and quite recently. The owner of the theme seems to be responding frequently, so best to wait until the owner comes with an answer, or to add your response:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/header-image-not-showing-15

I also found support information in the premium section of the theme:
http://bavotasan.com/2014/arcade-premium-wordpress-theme/

Here's the owner's guideline for the size of the image. See whether if you use these exact dimensions whether it will make a difference - otherwise your answer lies with a response from the owner:
The image I use is actually 1800 by 600. Create an image that size and then ignore the crop option when you upload it as the header image.
 

Anomie

New member
Genesis said:
@Anomie. Best place to ask this question is in the Word Press support forum for the theme. Looks as though someone else has asked the question too and quite recently.
Yeah, that was me.

Anyway, I've solved the problem, which has to do with Gravitar's scripts.
 

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Anomie said:
Genesis said:
@Anomie. Best place to ask this question is in the Word Press support forum for the theme. Looks as though someone else has asked the question too and quite recently.
Yeah, that was me.

Anyway, I've solved the problem, which has to do with Gravitar's scripts.
Fantastic. Glad the problem has been solved. Also good to learn that Gravitar scripts can potentially create header problems.