Win 8 vs Mac

MCPEGamerJP

The only thing I care about when choosing a PC is what software I can use. I hate Pages and Keynotes, they are properly useless.
Although Win 8 has Office 365, making videos and songs are impossible unless a new software is installed.
I think it is worth a debate.
What do you guys think???

MCPEGamerJP said:
The only thing I care about when choosing a PC is what software I can use. I hate Pages and Keynotes, they are properly useless.
Although Win 8 has Office 365, making videos and songs are impossible unless a new software is installed.
I think it is worth a debate.
What do you guys think???

I am not sure what you are getting at.First off Office 365 has nothing to do with videos and songs. With windows,they already have software preinstalled for editing and making music and videos.Second, Mac is not mac since they went to intel. Majority of the people will run windows inside of Mac O/S. They too have software bundle to do music and videos,but anyone that I know who does music andvideos on a mac, still get a third party software.

Although people swear that a mac is the best for photo editing, not many talk about music and videos. I can run Mac O/S from any PC so I don't see what the issue is these days(I use VmWare to run Mac and Linux). It will be debate that I see will continue till the end of time.

hustler

i get a hig spec pc on windows 8 and i instal VM and i then host any kinda os i wanna use and i do not have to go get another pc. just one pc solves all

tfg

I have had win7, Win8, Win10 and my Macbook Pro with Yosemite running in our house.

Office 365 isn't available for mac but Office 2011 is, which is perfectly acceptable to me - that said I can also use Pages, it's not so bad when you learn how. That aside I don't use pages or office unless I have to.

What really keeps me going with my macbook pro however is that it simply keep running without giving me any problems, none. Video Creation/Audio Creation can be done on both Windows and OS X. There are often more free media creation tools for PC than there are for Mac! But, every time I turn my mac on I know exactly where I stand with it. No matter how much I have on here (and the hard drive is nearly full) I know it will be snappy, i'll never get bombarded with pop-ups and I don't see errors when trying to do things.

Software wise, for every task both systems have merits and different alternatives that come down to preference entirely. For me the Adobe suit works perfectly on my mac and I enjoying using it on my mac. And everything else is also bliss so Mac wins for me. If on the other hand I was a hardcore gamer - That Mac simply wouldn't cut it - But thats what my Xbox one is for :)

icl0ud7x

I don't see anything close between the two it's like we compare two different aspect I was a Windows loyal user as many in the world who I honestly feel sorry for them but after the hitch to apple in general not only Mac OS, Phone OS for smart phone and iPad, I've discovered the lounge way between the two brands I can easily count ten or more thing that a Mac can offer to you in other part Windows don't, and to get it you know what 3rd Party Soft is,it's like you say welcome to malware or if secure brand soft then plus cash or just other things to think of rather than focus on your own goals not to mention the famous windows upgrades and hardware management that sucks, adds to that Windows vulnerabilities to thousands of kinds of malware ,Trojan, virus, than Mac OS is.

dmull

icl0ud7x said:
I don't see any thing colse betwen the two it's like we compair two diferent aspect I was a Windows loyal user as many in the world who I honestly feel sorry for them but after the swhitch to apple in general not only Mac OS, Phone OS for smart phone and iPad, I've discuvered the longue way betwen the two brands I can easly count ten or more thing that a Mac can offer to you in other part Windows don't, and to get it you know what 3rd Party Soft is,it's like you say welcome to malwares or if secure prand soft then plus cash or just other things to think of rather than focus on your own goals not to mention the famous windows upgards and hardware mangment that sucks, adds to that Windows vulnirablity to thousands of kinds of malwers ,trojan, virues, than Mac OS is.

Your posts are very difficult to read with so many mispelled words. Please use spell check before posting. Anyhow, I feel that there is only a few things that Macs are good for, and spending $3000 for a PC is completely absurd. Video and Audio editing are the only two that I feel they are truly good for.

You can build a PC and install Linux or Windows on, but I have never heard of someone being able to build a PC and installing Mac OS on it, unless the OS or PC is hacked in ways that it can be installed onto the hardware. Only spending about $800 for an extremely well build PC.

I feel that it is all about preferences. Anyone can try to say which is better for them or anyone else, but the only real person that knows is you, yourself.

icl0ud7x

Sorry for my English (second language) but I will do my best, I do agree with you on it depend on the user and the way he wanna use that machine, if something very important to you and or for your work I don't see cost a real problem in the equation, you will tell me that PC's can also do the jobs that Mac do (beside video editing and stuff), I agree with that but the question here about Windows and Mac I guess software not hardware, and my opinion was about Windows for the lack of the features and security than Mac software do have, I honestly don't want to give bad image on Windows but that's a Fact Windows is more vulnerable to attacks or data loss than Mac OS or Apple Phone OS is, this last witch I see as being way way more secure not only to Windows but to other Linux and Unix distribution so I agree with you about it depend on the person not the soft brand or hardware

vratesing

Even though the price of a mac is expensive compared to the win equivalent, the support you get for your mac is amazing and much better than any other company i have come across.

I have used Dell, HP, Toshiba in the passed and some way or another they have let me down. I rely on my computer so need some thing which is less maintenance and reassured that the computer won't fail.

jfischeronline

We need to look deeper into what you get with a mac....

For the higher cost, you get great build quality -- metal chassis and high-quality components.
an OS that is far above windows in terms of less system strain, better reliability, less spying on you, FAR FEWER VIRUS THREATS!!!
and if the end result is really only determined by office365, I really feel there are other programs of equal quality available for free even...

also, consider a mac user will go constantly 4-6 years between macs and pc users usually max out around 1-2 years...

Yozora

coppalia123 said:
Newe said:
win 7/10, no macs

agrree. use win7 , no mac , i use win 7 for last 4 year and no problem at all , the best windows ever

Could you tell us more about why you think Windows 7 is best?

Posts like the one above are not Quality Posts and do not count towards earning hosting or a VPS.

joe2105

i use OSX and sometimes linux... Only for certain cases, mostly any hardware related things i use Win10.... I don't see any reason to use a EOL product for daily use.

vigneffect

Better than linux,but linux is better for server develop and secure.But The windows and mac os are softwear base or tools are friendly for the user so the computer generating development are perfect.
But if we compare Windows and Mac,Mac have secure behaviour for our file and computer.Windows less expensive for user and maintain.

pentagon

windows is so easier to work and friendly and better interface than the Mac.in windows series windows 10 is more stable and all drivers will be automatically install and most of bugs in previous version of windows have been resolved.

hjh855

Personally, I'd prefer Windows, just because of its customizability and a huge range of programs. Most programs are made for Windows, not many are made for Mac, and just simple things like scrolling, by default, is backward. It just seems too odd to move and get used to a Mac after being just a long time Windows user, that being said its the same the opposite way round, being a long time Mac user, it would be hard to switch over to windows.