Wordpress backup plugin

amh

hi guys,

i just want to ask what is the good backup plugin for wordpress?

Thanks in advance..!

amh

strokerace said:
Ok, we have discussed this and I can't look for the post right now. But if you go to the top bar and click blog, it will take you to the blogs. There is a blog written about the back up plugin. Sorry if I can't be more helpful at the moment, doing triple my work load tonight.

Ok, got a chance to look for it. Check out this thread here. Forget what I have made comments on

http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-4409.html?highlight=backup

thank you stoker..will look into it..thanks

fancy

Genesis said:
The plugin is called Duplicator. It's an excellent plugin. I used it again last night and am thrilled to bits with it. Here's a link to the blog as well as how to use it:
http://gigarocket.net/blog/effortless-wordpress-migration-from-one-server-to-another/

I used to use backupbuddy, then I moved to updraftplus.

Is upgraftplus sufficient for doing website migrations? I like the fact that it backups everything into 5 different types of restorations (themes, database, etc).

Genesis

Administrator
Try Duplicator Fancy. Much easier, much more compact. You'll wonder why you haven't done it a long time ago.

Yeah. Duplicator do all the heavy lifting. It can save all including Images and Database. Even the whole wp folder.
Just make sure that the backup is only accessible by authorized persons because it is easy to duplicate your website using the backup that the Duplicator generated.

binil

Genesis said:
Try Duplicator Fancy. Much easier, much more compact. You'll wonder why you haven't done it a long time ago.

Duplicator is a plugin that I haven't tried yet. I will keep this in mind.. Will try it out..

riddict

I used duplicator on one of my Website, but it failed. Maybe because some function in my hosting do not active. Now i will try backupbuddy, hope it works.

kentwiggins

I used about a year ago WP Clone by WP Academy.
It worked pretty good. I haven't tested it with the latest versions of Wordpress.
I prefer the classic way now, it's more convenient.
1. Make a backup of the database
2. Go to wp backend -> settings -> change "WordPress Address (URL)" and "Site Address (URL)" with the new domain name.
3. Download the database and files (if necessary), transfer them to the new domain, import sql to phpmyadmin.
4. You're ready to go on your new website.

Genesis

Administrator
WP clone is excellent Kentwiggens. Particularly if Duplicator doesn't work. Duplicator I've found to be picky with the Server configuration - it wants the setup just so. Whereas WP clone is much simpler. Difference with WP clone is one has to set up a new Word Press installation at the destination server first and load WP clone plugin - which of course is dead easy to do. Whereas with Duplicator one doesn't need to install WP. All one needs to do is create an empty mySQL database at the destination server. I find WP clone much simpler and user-friendly though. Duplicator one has to get to grips with creating the packages first, but once one's passed that learning curve that gets effortless too. I'm using both right now depending on which server I'm dealing with.