Wordpress BackupBuddy Error

Yozora

I've been working on a Japanese church Wordpress site for a friend, and I tried uploading it to the server to make a dev site to show him. All went well until I tried to make a backup with a backup plugin called BackupBuddy and got this error:

Loopback test error: `Operation timed out after 4003 milliseconds with 0 bytes received`. URL: `(wordpress URL) /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php`. If you need to contact your web host, tell them that when PHP tries to connect back to the site at the URL `(wordpress URL) /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php` via curl (or other fallback connection method built into WordPress) that it gets the error `Operation timed out after 4003 milliseconds with 0 bytes received`. This means that WordPress' built-in simulated cron system cannot function properly, breaking some WordPress features & subsequently some plugins. There may be a problem with the server configuration (eg local DNS problems, mod_security, etc) preventing connections from working properly.

(I replaced the wordpress URL for privacy's sake, but I can PM it if needed)

Is there anything I can do to fix this error?

GigaGreg

Staff member
This is definately something that @un4saken should look at.

`Operation timed out after 4003 milliseconds with 0 bytes received`.

It means that it got disconnected if im right? Definately there can be problem on the server side or with that plugin itself to be honest.

Have you tried any other plugins ?

Yozora

iGdesigner said:
This is definately something that @un4saken should look at.

`Operation timed out after 4003 milliseconds with 0 bytes received`.

It means that it got disconnected if im right? Definately there can be problem on the server side or with that plugin itself to be honest.

Have you tried any other plugins ?
No, put maybe I should...That one worked fine on my local server, and it makes it easy to migrate wordpress sites to different servers, which would be useful when the site is completely finished & I move it to the church's server. Worst case scenario, I can always do any changes on a local server & upload the whole site again each time. I'll look into other plugins & see if I find another one which makes moving sites easy.

Yozora

Well I tried to make a backup a few more times and some of them worked! I'm still getting the error sometimes, but at least I have a backup now. It would be nice if the error didn't happen at all though.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I've been doing some checking ... not sure whether this is helpful but I found this recommendation for free alternatives to BackupBuddy:

http://appointzilla.com/5-free-alternatives-to-backupbuddy/
Hmmm .... this doesn't look good at all:
https://ithemes.com/forum/topic/66186-backupbuddy-always-times-out-and-cant-complete-full-backup/

This looks hopeful though - towards a solution:
http://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy:_Frequent_Support_Issues

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Why not try the above wp-config.php solution and see whether it works.

Yozora

Thanks Genesis! I'm away from my computer at the moment, but I'll test out the wp-config solution (and if that doesn't work, the other plugins) soon.

Yozora

Oops, forgot about replying to this. Adding the Alternate WP Cron line worked! Thanks again!