Yeah that's right - I did it ...

smalpierre

@"Genesis"

I don't know how I broke it this time, but my phone gave up the ghost on me. Power button does absolutely NOTHING! I didn't get it wet, or drop it or anything this time I swear!!!

I didn't really like this phone as much as I thought I would though so it's not the end of the world :)

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
smalpierre said:
@"Genesis"

I don't know how I broke it this time, but my phone gave up the ghost on me. Power button does absolutely NOTHING! I didn't get it wet, or drop it or anything this time I swear!!!

I didn't really like this phone as much as I thought I would though so it's not the end of the world :)
Maybe there was something wrong with it, sounds a bit suspicious, like it's not your fault, something technical happened. Do you think you could take it back and see whether they would fix it for you?

Any plans for a new phone? Perhaps you could try the CAT?
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-3620.html?highlight=CAT+phones

Yozora

@"smalpierre" Is your phone still under warranty? If it is, if you tell your cellphone company that it's broken, shouldn't they give you another one?

smalpierre

It's a byop, not my carriers. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would anyway. It's been subjected to salt spray, spilled beer, sand, overheating, and several drops from about table height.

Religious people shouldn't be afraid of hell - they should be afraid of being reincarnated as my phone :D

I looked for the Cat phones, but I couldn't find one.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
smalpierre said:
Religious people shouldn't be afraid of hell - they should be afraid of being reincarnated as my phone :D
Unless they would like to martyr themselves of course. :p

Pity you can't get CAT, but maybe there are equivalents, or you must make your peace with a natural built in smalpierre obsolescence factor :p

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
smalpierre said:
I got a low end Samsung Galaxy - So far I like it better than the old one. I wonder how long it'll last ...
OK 24 June then and counting ... :p

If you say low end Samsung Galaxy, what model is that?

GigaGreg

Staff member
A budget phone will last you long if you have one, they are relatively cheap and if they break, you can get another one.

Low end is still good, depending on what are you doing with your phone. Gaming will be not good as it will be constantly overheating pretty much.

smalpierre

Its a phone. It texts, emails, an ok camera, gps, and can look stuff up on the interwebz when im not near computer - and play some tunes. That is all i require. I dont game, or try to use it as a computer replacement. No phone can do that, not even a top of the line one.

smalpierre

@"128kbps"

I'm sorry for your loss! I think I figured out what killed my last one. I plugged the new one into my aux jack in my truck, and the phone went crazy. I'm pretty sure some gibroni installed the stereo, and it's a POS anyway. Might have to replace that and install it correctly.

At some point, I started getting a LOT of noise (like nothing BUT noise) when I had the phone both charging, and plugged into the aux jack. My bet is a grounding issue.

I'll drive with headphones until I fix it - the boat gets fixed before the stereo ...