Your screen resolution???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you can always work on an alternative excuse to get a backup monitor for in case the current monitor dies. :p

yasiraman

Well at home I use MSI gaming laptop with 17.3" wide dispaly @1920x1080. With NVIDIA GeForce built-in, it offers fantastic visual experience. The only downside is it's heavy energy consumption with battery time now reduced to almost 15 to 20 minutes only. Therefore I have to keep it constantly connected to power which is not very mobile IMHO ;-)

One thing, I have heard (actually read) that keeping your browser maximized to the full resolution can somehow help the hackers (bad guys among them) to access (or identify at least) your system, which can lead to some serious threats. I now have developed a habit to keep - all those applications that connect to internet a little smaller than the actual screen size.

I would love to know your thinking on this. As you know guys, developing a new (good) habit is not an easy task. :p

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
yasiraman said:
One thing, I have heard (actually read) that keeping your browser maximized to the full resolution can somehow help the hackers (bad guys among them) to access (or identify at least) your system, which can lead to some serious threats. I now have developed a habit to keep - all those applications that connect to internet a little smaller than the actual screen size.
I've never heard of this before. How would they be able to hack your system with this? :unknown:

maiden107

My notebook running 1920x1080p resolution. I have this resolution because I have a 17.3-inch display and most of all the display is FullHD.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby said:
Fujitsu monitor at 1920x1080
Long time since I've heard about a Fujitsu monitor. I had one a few years back and really liked it. Mind you I also had special Nvidia graphics which made it that more brilliant color wise.

I'm now with Dell. Using Intel graphics. Not as good as then.

I'm currently testing a very old second hand Lenovo Thinkpad X201 i5. Battery not the best. Screen resolution for its 12 inch screen is 1280X800. Thinkpad is not really known for brilliant screen colors - being used more for their work horse hardiness. Still like this laptop very much.

amisoft

Hello! My screen resolution is 1440x2560! It is also 144 hz, meaning it can display up to 144 frames per second! I feel it is a good medium between too high resolution (4k) and too fast refresh rate (240hz)! Overall, monitors of this kind of specifications are value for money!

Thanks

D

Dantdmnl

Hi! My screen resolution is 1920x1080. It's 120 hz. It's about 9 years old but still a great monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.