• No! Money keeps coming in.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Yup! It's Dying Fast!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah YouTube is Lit!

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

brocartel

YouTube has been expanding and has Grown so much over the years lately. But over the Past 2 Years the Copyright System is just so messed up. Many Channels are getting Copyrighted by False Claims and are getting Penaltized. Some are even stealing money from some YouTubers doing this. There are so Much new YouTube Rules being implemented i don't know if it's safe to say youtube is dying slowly.

YouTube then launched "YouTube Gaming" which is a Huge fail. No offense to anyone who enjoys it or uses it, but something is wrong that no Gaming streaming site will beat Twitch.

YouTube is too busy launching features and New Content they are letting Creators get messed up and taken damage on their channel. For Example YouTube Kids they focus on that, when honestly they could have just focused on a Age 10- Mode for content for kids instead of a whole new App and tons of work for something that could be a Fail aswell.

They Launched YouTube Red which can have some pointless features. The Ads gone are AWESOME, I can't lie. But the Saving Video is kind of pointless honestly. I know you may want to see videos offline, but once that Monthly Subscription runs out you lost access. Also it ends up adding up money just for those two main features. Theres more but they are small such as Background player when phone screen is Locked. That is something you can get free if you are Jailbroken. These are features you can Jailbreak to get and they can cost you alot for something like this instead of fixing the Site Problems.

So the Question is : Is Youtube Dying? You decide!

Thanks for Reading this all if you did! :)

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
I love YouTube. Now if there was a thread about Facebook dying, I'll be VERY VERY HAPPY! Facebook is the biggest junk media tool I've ever seen in my life. YouTube is one of the most meaningful media tools in my life. The value in tutorials I've used for coding Websites, and learning scripts has been priceless. There are people on YouTube who are very generous with sharing their knowledge, a large number provide quality channels.

I don't use Youtube and I refuse to watch any videos that people upload to it. Its been a big scam since the day it started. It ranks right up with the useless facebook. People only add content to Youtube to make money off of vistors and ads. If people would just take the time and get free webhosting and upload their videos to there, then Youtube will die even faster.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
strokerace said:
I don't use Youtube and I refuse to watch any videos that people upload to it. Its been a big scam since the day it started. It ranks right up with the useless facebook. People only add content to Youtube to make money off of vistors and ads. If people would just take the time and get free webhosting and upload their videos to there, then Youtube will die even faster.
I completely disagree. Not all people add content for making money only. There are some genuine contributors among those who post materials to YouTube so they can share it with others. You just have to search for them.

For example, there was an IT guy from a University in California who posted some really GREAT tutorials on how to code Websites. A step by step guide consisting of 14 QUALITY tutorials. Totally blew me away. There are many more guys like that on YouTube - as I've said you just need to search and you'll find them.

I see the negative ones you refer to as weeds that need to be pulled out, but on average the YouTube grass is green. :pardon:

There is nothing on there worth watching at all. They post it there hoping people like you would go there and share them, then make money off the views. That was the intent of Youtube. There is nothing on there that I can't find in a written tut or guide.

GigaBot

Administrator
strokerace said:
There is nothing on there worth watching at all. They post it there hoping people like you would go there and share them, then make money off the views. That was the intent of Youtube. There is nothing on there that I can't find in a written tut or guide.

I somehow agree with you, but on the other hand there are a few very useful aspects there. YouTube is the greates Music Library in the World and it means a lot to me. Also as Genesis siad, there are many, many useful and quick tutorials that you can find.
Nothing is all White or all Black in this World.

Yozora

If YouTube died, what would replace it? Right now I don't think sites Vimeo or Dailymotion are nearly as popular, though I could be wrong.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Yozora said:
If YouTube died, what would replace it? Right now I don't think sites Vimeo or Dailymotion are nearly as popular, though I could be wrong.
I like both Vimeo and Dailymotion but out of the three I like YouTube more. Vimeo can be buggy technically from time to time. And Dailymotion is more commercial at times than I like it to be.

Barnum4000

Yozora said:

I would feel that a large company like Virgin would build a new video platform service similar to YouTube because of how expensive it would be to maintain and setup. It may be possible that we would never see a replacement because companies could see it as a site which is non-profitable therefore never making it.

CHT

Yozora said:

We could start up a new host for it. After all, YouTube was built from ground up by individuals. Now who said we can't do stuff?

aya

CHT said:
Yozora said:

We could start up a new host for it. After all, YouTube was built from ground up by individuals. Now who said we can't do stuff?

aya

subscriptions to paypermin webcams could work, if they made a section of the site for adult only entertainment

fouadChk

brocartel said:
So the Question is : Is Youtube Dying? You decide!
Hope not. Youtube is an awesome service. Can't stress enough its importance in spreading knowledge (conferences on all topics from the Politic to the Scientific and technological), information (News from non-MSN channels, etc...) and Culture (Music of all genre....) and YES, disinformation and other trash-like videos too. The burden of selection is on US for once.

If there is anything that has always amazed me is the disparity in the number of views between the last category's videos (in terms of millions) and the first one (at best few thousands!!!!!)

The acquisition of Youtube by Google has been part of a strategy including developing a series of video formats (VP8/VP9 etc..) and leading the way into developing the W3C MSE API inside their browser which allowed the dumping of Flash and the adoption of MP4 'streamed' via MSE when supported by the user's client/browser.

In short, Google did a great service to us all for once. Kudos Google!

rrroberts

Genesis said:
Yozora said:
I like both Vimeo and Dailymotion but out of the three I like YouTube more. Vimeo can be buggy technically from time to time. And Dailymotion is more commercial at times than I like it to be.

CHT

Honestly, I doubt they are going to be able to replace youtube. Even if they changed their copyright system, there's still the issue being the upload system.