Youtube with less ads

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a great idea. Those ads do irk me. Particularly when I have to wait out the 3 seconds.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder whether that would work for Yahoo ads as well. I like their news, but I have to sit through ads as well, and they're much longer than the YouTube 6 seconds.

Gregoric

You should check Adblock or uBlock out, #Genesis. It's a great thingy to clean your browsing experience off all the ad stuff. However, you might consider to unblock adverts on different sites owned by private people (some blogs, personal websites) that have ads - these people earn money thanks to people watching these ads. I do it this way.

And for Youtube - ad blocking software helps a lot as well; especially when it comes to the playlists, ou are not disturbed with an advertisement during playing a playlist.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
Gregoric said:
You should check Adblock or uBlock out, #Genesis. It's a great thingy to clean your browsing experience off all the ad stuff. However, you might consider to unblock adverts on different sites owned by private people (some blogs, personal websites) that have ads - these people earn money thanks to people watching these ads. I do it this way.

And for Youtube - ad blocking software helps a lot as well; especially when it comes to the playlists, ou are not disturbed with an advertisement during playing a playlist.
I'm so lazy Greg. You're right I should (probably even need) to use Adblock or uBlock as I'm a heavy user of YouTube. I don't have an account .... gave up on the one I had a long time ago when they started to get proprietary at the stage where Google took it over. Maybe one day I'll try and resurrect it if I feel that way.

Gregoric

Genesis said:
I'm so lazy Greg. You're right I should (probably even need) to use Adblock or uBlock as I'm a heavy user of YouTube. I don't have an account .... gave up on the one I had a long time ago when they started to get proprietary at the stage where Google took it over. Maybe one day I'll try and resurrect it if I feel that way.
I am not sure what do you mean by not having an account. Using both AdBlock Plus and uBlock is just a matter of installing the addon into your browser. You might then go into options and uncheck a field that says "allow acceptable* ads" and that's it.

* the "acceptable" category does not include ads that are less disturbing or annoying but those of companies that have actually paid Adblock to be in this category ;)

Anyways, it's really up to you. I sometimes find it hard to use a computer without these addons ;)

Gregoric said:
I do it this way.
I've read my post again and I 'd like to clear one thing out: what I meant by "I do it this way" is not that I earn money via ads (not yet), but that I tend to turn off uBlock on various non-corporate, charity or similar websites :) Just a little clearance.

And as far as the topic is concerned, I consider such addons to be better than any ad-less proxies or databases like the one mentioned in first post. But that's just my opinion.

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
@"Gregoric"

How I understood your post when I responded was that you were helping me to find software so I don't have to suffer through advertising when I listen to my YouTube music videos. OK got it now. :p

The account I didn't have was my actual YouTube account. We usually have an account where we collect all of our videos. I lost it when Google took over, probably can find it if I want to, but I'm finding it tiresome to report in triplicate to these huge corporations like Google at YouTube and FaceBook.