Genuine free subdomains with free dns

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
So at the end of last year when it looked as though Freenom was not going to reinstate its free domains any longer (it stopped providing free domains in 2022 but kept saying that the free domains will be reinstated at some time in the future), I needed a new domain just for an easy personal blog that I didn't really want to purchase a domain for. So I then decided to research Freenom alternatives, and then remembered Joshua Anderson's service that has been around for many decades for free sub-domains. I'd never actually used Joshua's service before, so this time round tried his service out, and all I can say is it rocked! The free dns propagated almost immediately.

So when my four Freenom free domains finally bit the dust two weeks ago, I was able to register four sub-domains with free DNS with the greatest of ease. It works great. And solved my problem completely. It is a very simple user account, and dead easy to add new sub-domains and delete ones one no longer needs. Exactly what I needed.

Joshua's effort is to be commended. Also makes me feel good that at least something good from that time is still alive and kicking and doing very well.